Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 02:14 PM

Re: Toilet roll dust

Does this mean We all have dusty bums?..oooer.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 02:34 PM

This is a problem here also.

I have a friend's whose toilet gets plugged all the time. She just told me yesterday that she was using 3 ply and wondering if she should switch back to 2ply.

Wait til she hears this little bit of news....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 02:46 PM

I have noticed this 'dust' getting worse over the years and I wondered if that was down to shorter fibers being used in the product to make disintegration of the paper easier.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ok, I realise this thread will end up in the cheeky chat but lets see if we can get a couple of genuine answers in first.

We have noticed over the past couple of years that we are constantly finding little shreds of toilet paper all over the house but mainly in the bathroom. Like little twisted bits. Also, the bathroom seems dustier than it used to be.

After a quick Google, I found that others were experiencing the same thing and that the brand determines how much dust/shreds you get. We were using those quilted things but have recently changed to a normal one but it hasn't helped.

So is anyone else having this problem?
Yes, I get it, but not all the time, it depends which loo paper I buy & I usually go for any on offer.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Cleaning loos for a living this is a topic close to my heart, they have over the years become dustier and dustier, it's a real problem. It doesn't seem to matter what brand used now either although the giant rolls from bunzl do seem a bit better than most.
I hated cleaning the men's loo where I worked. They are disgustingly messy, men. I think I have trained my Son though, ours isn't bad at all.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Ok, I realise this thread will end up in the cheeky chat but lets see if we can get a couple of genuine answers in first.

We have noticed over the past couple of years that we are constantly finding little shreds of toilet paper all over the house but mainly in the bathroom. Like little twisted bits. Also, the bathroom seems dustier than it used to be.

After a quick Google, I found that others were experiencing the same thing and that the brand determines how much dust/shreds you get. We were using those quilted things but have recently changed to a normal one but it hasn't helped.

So is anyone else having this problem?
No I have never had a problem with loo rolls.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 04:15 PM

Could be an abrasion problem, maybe as we age, our ass cheeks get rougher.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 04:18 PM

We don't have this problem as we don't use toilet paper we use Dock Leaves, they are bio-degradable and therefore do not produce any dust.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 04:20 PM

no problem here - it looks exactly the same as when I write poetry - brown crumbleing and smelly - as for the toilet roll - smooth as ever.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Could be an abrasion problem, maybe as we age, our ass cheeks get rougher.
You know I went two and a half pages without laughing . Then you go and post this..

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top