Join for free
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 03:40 PM

Nom cracks the 4 minute miles.

I awoke yesterday to a beautiful Spring day, but felt yuck i was not looking forward too physiotherapy at hospital.

But the minute the sunshine hit my noggin i felt a bit brighter, and when i went in i was up for the challenge, Viv the Physioterrorist strapped me into the infernal machine and away my little legs pedaled, im sure she has me hooked up to the grid.

I struggled the last couple of weeks but i decided to go for it, and 20 minutes later had peddled over 5 miles.

Course the evil one put me through a lot more torture balancing on rubber cushions on one leg etc, but at least i got to try double crutches but im a long way from being comfortable on those, as yet.

Shame it ends next week as im just starting to feel as if its benefiting a bit, nothing compared to my former exercise regimes but satisfying.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 03:47 PM

Re: Nom cracks the 4 minute miles.

How nice to hear that your physioterrorism is everything you hope it would be, Nom. It really is wonderful how they can push you to an extra level and that you are making such soild gains!

I appreciate you doing your part for the environment too in supplying enough energy for a fellow citizen to make breakfast.

The only time I ever went to one, I thought he had been trained in the arts of medieval torture, but he did a great job of pushing me past work that was good for me - that I actually thought could make things worse.

Aaah, the love/hate we have with our PTS, and how we love/hate to go....

What are you going to do after you are finished to keep up with your progress?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 05:58 PM

If i can get the wound to healf rom my amputation (toes) i plan on swimming again ifim able.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
If i can get the wound to healf rom my amputation (toes) i plan on swimming again ifim able.
Oh that's great Nom
I can't see there'll be any problem with that
We can have a swim off!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 06:43 PM

Ooo, I have a mental imsge of you cosplaying Hammy the hamster in one of those wheels!
Did you get a treat and a rub down afterwards Nom?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 08:06 PM

Shame it ends next week as im just starting to feel as if its benefiting a bit, nothing compared to my former exercise regimes but satisfying.
Nom you can still do a lot on your own at home, you just need the motivation to do it.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Absolutely perfect. Get well and then get wet!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 01:47 AM

I agree, it does sound a pity it is ending Nom.
Is there no way you can get it extended a little longer?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

11-03-2018, 09:20 AM

I get a review in a few months time Mups, and i will be as active as health and weather permits, some exercises will be possible at home. I was lucky as they gave me more sessions than is usually allowed, but the waiting list is massive due to cuts/. The GP gets a report perhaps something may come of that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 01:13 PM

Oh I see.
I guess you'll just have to wait and see then - pity.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top