Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:19 PM

MRI scan

My consultant has decided I need an MRI scan of my skull and spine. I did have one about 15 years ago so I suspect the technology has changed somewhat. Any advice, tales or tips from anyone who has gone through the scan would be appreciated, thanks cherubs.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:31 PM

Re: MRI scan

I shall fiercely resist my initial thoughts my dear, as I know you are serious here.
It's not just the technology changing over 15 years is it, your whole body will have altered as well, so probably a good thing you will have the scan.

You probably already know, but they are noisy old things but they give you headphones to wear and talk to you while you are in the tunnel, so you may feel alone, but you're not really.
All you need to concentrate on is to keep perfectly still.

Try not to worry, you can do it, I know you can.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I shall fiercely resist my initial thoughts my dear, as I know you are serious here.
It's not just the technology changing over 15 years is it, your whole body will have altered as well, so probably a good thing you will have the scan.

You probably already know, but they are noisy old things but they give you headphones to wear and talk to you while you are in the tunnel, so you may feel alone, but you're not really.
All you need to concentrate on is to keep perfectly still.

Try not to worry, you can do it, I know you can.
Thanks Mups, it is difficult for me to be serious but this time I am..honest..
You are right about changes to the body and it all seems to be happening in the last few weeks, I was fitted with earring aids only this week...that was an amazing experience, I can hear Mrs Rehab muttering under breath now
I would have thought that maybe the machines were a lot quieter now, I must do some googling ..catch ya later
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:51 PM

I had a MRI scan a couple of years ago, no problem
I just had to put my hands behind my head and keep still.

I have had worse
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Thanks Mups, it is difficult for me to be serious but this time I am..honest..
You are right about changes to the body and it all seems to be happening in the last few weeks, I was fitted with earring aids only this week...that was an amazing experience, I can hear Mrs Rehab muttering under breath now
I would have thought that maybe the machines were a lot quieter now, I must do some googling ..catch ya later

Well I had a MRI about 3 years ago on my lower spine, and it sounded someone was holding a disco next to some major roadworks - and that was even with my headphones on.

Glad you've got your hearing fixed too. When Mrs. Rehab asks you do something for her, you won't be able to say you didn't hear her now.

Good luck with everything. x
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

14-06-2018, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I had a MRI scan a couple of years ago, no problem
I just had to put my hands behind my head and keep still.

I have had worse
Hands behind the head? That sounds like me ...thanks
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:57 PM

Good luck rehab. They are noisy but you.ll be fine. Lay back and think of England.......on second thoughts perhaps not think of your favourite things in life xx
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Good luck rehab. They are noisy but you.ll be fine. Lay back and think of England.......on second thoughts perhaps not think of your favourite things in life xx
Everyone goes on about the noise, I didn't particularly notice it
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 12:00 AM

I’ve never had an MRI but I would like to wish you all the best anyway Rehab, I’m sure you’ll be ok... x
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2018, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Everyone goes on about the noise, I didn't particularly notice it
You forgot to put your hearing aids in......why didn't I think of that tee-hee x

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top