Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 08:35 PM

Are Knighthoods now a joke ?

Being given a knighthood comes with responsibilities. Such as defending the realm against allcomers. Which the old cronies in the house of Lords is doubtful, and even Barry Gibbs struggling to get up from the kneeling position to receive his .

So should they be able to prove themselves fit enough to go into battle if called on.?

Or should the title now be completely dropped?

In days of old
When knights were bold

I have forgotten the rest
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 08:50 PM

Re: Are Knighthoods now a joke ?

Personally i don't think it means anything any more. When someone became a sir or a dame it was normally for some outstanding achievement but now it seems anyone can get one just for doing their job.

I mean Jamie Oliver FFS.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 08:58 PM

I can predict a whole bagful of gongs being festooned upon a bunch of oiks for kicking a ball about very soon.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 09:07 PM

I can think of a so called pathetic comedian who has made a profitable life out of living off his famous wife's earning's and received a Knighthood with lots of backing from the PC BBC ...and his best achievements were making Peacock sounds, well worthy of a Gong I would say
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
I can think of a so called pathetic comedian who has made a profitable life out of living off his famous wife's earning's and received a Knighthood with lots of backing from the PC BBC ...and his best achievements were making Peacock sounds, well worthy of a Gong I would say
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Personally i don't think it means anything any more. When someone became a sir or a dame it was normally for some outstanding achievement but now it seems anyone can get one just for doing their job.

I mean Jamie Oliver FFS.
David Beckham.......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Being given a knighthood comes with responsibilities. Such as defending the realm against allcomers. Which the old cronies in the house of Lords is doubtful, and even Barry Gibbs struggling to get up from the kneeling position to receive his .

So should they be able to prove themselves fit enough to go into battle if called on.?

In days of old
When knights were bold

"In the days of old when knights were bold,
St George went forth to fight,
With his trusty steed and his sword of gold
And his armour shining bright..."

St George Grammar School's school song which we sang at Assembly every morning
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 10:45 PM

You misunderstand the situation I fear. These people are all part of the institution, the great pyramid of power. There are many things they will do to protect the pyramid and its agendas and they don't involve donning a bullet proof vest.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 11:08 PM

In days of old
When knights were bold

I shall now lower the tone.

In days of old
When knights were bold
And paper weren't invented
They wiped their *rse
Upon the grass
And they were quite contented
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2018, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I shall now lower the tone.

In days of old
When knights were bold
And paper weren't invented
They wiped their *rse
Upon the grass
And they were quite contented
You obviously went to a different school, Judd

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top