Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:01 AM

Re: Breakfast.

Originally Posted by damon ->
Breakfast is very important for good health and fitness, it may be helpful and if you get what you eat right, it will certainly help with your blood sugar levels...
Hi Damon i agree, just did a pre breakfast test, it was 3.6 very low as it was 14hrs since i last at something.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:07 AM

My Dad swore by his daily porridge he must have been doing something right to survive 68 years of type 1 diabetes living to the age of 89.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Hi Damon i agree, just did a pre breakfast test, it was 3.6 very low as it was 14hrs since i last at something.
Nom I hope you are having some form of carbohydrates for breakfast then! If you wake up that low again, think about having a small portion of fruit before you go to bed.... 4 or 5 grapes or cherries should do the trick, or even a digestive biscuit which will be absorbed slowly so keep you going through the night.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Nom I hope you are having some form of carbohydrates for breakfast then! If you wake up that low again, think about having a small portion of fruit before you go to bed.... 4 or 5 grapes or cherries should do the trick, or even a digestive biscuit which will be absorbed slowly so keep you going through the night.
At the moment Twink, my BG is all over the place, i will wait until it stabalizes a bit before, i make any decisions, yes i will be having porridgme for breakfabst.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 11:16 AM

Ta for the replies folks, i like the sound of poached eggs on spinach, and fridge oats, need to check out the GI of various seeds and blueberries, all adding to my change in my diet.
Im aimng to shed some weight, and also some medication in the long run.
Nom Blueberries are very good for Diabetics, that's why I eat them.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 11:20 AM

3.6 is too low Nom, I always have Dextro Gloucos tablets on my bedside cabinet in case I get too low in the night, as I do test my blood at least 5/6 times a day.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

11-07-2018, 11:34 AM

Nom, do you read the Diabetes website at all, its got very interesting topics and recipes.

www.diabetes.co.uk
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

11-07-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
3.6 is too low Nom, I always have Dextro Gloucos tablets on my bedside cabinet in case I get too low in the night, as I do test my blood at least 5/6 times a day.
Ta Susie, just done another test, after my breakfast 3x oatmeal biscuits and medication. Now 5.8, so ok.

But BP is 150/90 so still not good.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 01:01 PM

At the moment Twink, my BG is all over the place, i will wait until it stabalizes a bit before, i make any decisions, yes i will be having porridgme for breakfabst.
I am sure it is Nom, we who inject insulin have a much easier time of controlling our blood sugars than those who just take pills. Try to stick to routines with your eating( times and carb values) and aim to stay between 4 and 10 on you blood sugars.
I know it isn't easy, but you are your own nurse so it is down to you to get things right.

I am very impressed with how you are dealing with these changes to your diet, and the fact that you are sharing some of the problems with us. No diabetic knows it all, but we can learn a lot from chatting with others.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

11-07-2018, 01:56 PM

Yes that is very good Nom, done mine just before having lunch and it was 7.1 which is average for me.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top