Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 01:50 PM

Re: Tomatoes.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Barry I can't eat ketchup either and think the sweet sticky mess bears no resemblance to a tomato....
I seem to remember trying it once and yes, it was just as you describe. How a layer of that it is supposed to enhance the flavour of anything goodness knows...
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

13-07-2018, 01:54 PM

Strange I don't like ketchup or tomato soup but can eat a bag of tomatoes.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 01:55 PM

I have a Greenhouse with a load of Tomato Plants in it. I always buy "Gardeners Delight" the wee Cherry ones, lovely straight off the vine.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I have a Greenhouse with a load of Tomato Plants in it. I always buy "Gardeners Delight" the wee Cherry ones, lovely straight off the vine.
I grow "Shirley" as a main crop and a cherry tomato for grazing on. This year it is "Sweet Aperatif", the seeds for which were free with something else but they're not doing too well at the moment. I grew "Sweet Millions" last year which were terrific.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Funny thing I adore tomatoes in all shapes and forms apart fron ketchup, which for some reason I've never been able to fancy....
Barry, l am exactly the same! I don’t like ketchup either.
I can’t wait for the tomatoes l have grown to ripen. The prices of tomatoes in the shops are awful. I always buy them loose, not in packs.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:03 PM

I love home grown tomatoes. when I go to the farmer's market, I buy the ones that are most deformed. Someone told me they are the sweetest and the perfectly round tomatoes are usually hothouse.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 08:08 PM

I used to eat them regularly. Loved to smell them growing and after touching the plants, the smell left on my fingers.

But now they don't seem very keen on me, but I can infrequently get away with eating them.

I remember reading a long time ago that tomatoes can be good for depression. Don't know if that's true or not.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 12:22 AM

I always buy Jubilee tomatoes whenever I can, they appear to have more taste than others.

I also hate tomato soup and tomato ketchup...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Panda ->
Strange I don't like ketchup or tomato soup but can eat a bag of tomatoes.
Homemade tomato soup is lovely - don't like ketchup at all.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top