Join for free
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:53 AM

Duran Duran

Anybody like a bit of Duran Duran? I'm quite into them at the moment, quite a few documentaries about them on BBC I Player. There's one concert that is on BBC I PLayer called Duran Duran Unchecked (I think) where they sing a song called "Leave The Light On" and I love it, can't stop playing it.

I love a bit of Duran Duran
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 10:26 AM

Re: Duran Duran

Hi Alicat yes I have had my fav Duran Duran tunes in the past I must admit at the time I did think they would last longer.
I don't watch tv so I miss out on the documentary's.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 11:42 AM

It's odd really. I have never been a Duran fan but when I hear their music, I like it. Maybe it was Le Bon I wasn't keen on. I can't deny they have had some successful songs though.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 01:32 PM

Hello Longfellow, you don't have to watch it all on tv, you can watch it on BBC I Player on your laptop. I like New Moon On Mondays.
Alicat
West Berkshire

20-07-2018, 01:33 PM

Hello longdons, Simon Le Bon makes it for me
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Hello longdons, Simon Le Bon makes it for me
That's fair enough Alicat. Not my type you see.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 10:17 AM

I was never mad keen on Duran Duran. Simon Le Bon's voice tended to grate on me. That "Why-I-I-III Don't You use It?". Awful racket.
And the worst lyric in any song ever "You're about as easy as a nuclear war!" I preferred Spandau Ballet and Ultravox.

I did however watch the documentary on the band a couple of weeks ago and found it interesting though. The remaining members came across as decent, down to earth blokes. The extra programme straight afterwards was even better when three of the band were shown TV programmes from their youth in which they commented on them. John Taylor was especially humorous and knew his stuff.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top