Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 12:11 PM

Has Anyone Else Had This Experience.

Hi, Until recently, for repeat prescriptions, we used to phone an answering service at our local medical practice, give the usual date of birth, name and first line of address, then tell them what we required, which pharmacy to pick them up from and pick up the prescription from the pharmacy within the medical practice four days later.

Then the facility was handed over to a company (goodness knows where).......for example this morning, I was number 28 in the queue, waiting time 19 minutes (paid by me of course) which I put onto loudspeaker and endured all that time having to listen to supermarket type ping pong music. ugh!.

Then when my turn finally came around, as I gave them first my husband's one item repeat prescription to manage high blood pressure and which has 28 tablets in 4 strips, each of 7 days supply and to which he was down to 5 tablets, I was abruptly cross-questioned about him having his prescription too early as according to them, he should have had 14 tablets left from the last prescription, I had to assure him his records were wrong and that he only had 5 tablets left. (oh well, he said, some do get mislaid!!)
I then assured him that this was certainly not the case and the tablets were what they were. I was really annoyed at being questioned like this.

Even worse, I then passed him my prescription of 5 items. All went okay until we came to my Warfarin Tablets. Now, my prescription is always 2 x boxes of 28 x 3mg Warfarin as I have to take 2 x 3mg Warfarin tablets every day indefinitely.
This time, I had actually run out of them but I never worry as I very occasionally order 1 box of 1mg Warfarin tablets with my 3mg Warfarin tabs so I have a reserve in case I run out before reordering. I then take 6 x 1mg tablets daily until I can pick up the 3mg tablets. I never reorder the 1mg tablets (reserve) unless I am down to the last sleeve

Blow me down, even though I had actually run out of the 3mg Warfarin tablets, as I gave him the order for a repeat prescription, he commented that I was phoning the repeat prescription for them earlier than I should!! I got rather annoyed at this point and said " look, I can't be phoning though early, I've aready run out of 3mg!! I am taking 6 x 1mg until I pick up the prescription.
It was only when he questioned me on how many I take daily that he said. Oh, you are not early then.

Now I am the first one to appreciate that they are trying to make savings on prescriptions and should be commended for that, but do they honestly think that people of our age, having to take these flippin tablets, would be phoning through a repeat prescription if we didn't need them! I felt as though I was being interrogated. It was a horrible experience and made me feel awful for asking for the very things that keep us both safe.

Has anyone else been subjected to this form of questioning when phoning for your prescriptions?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 12:20 PM

Re: Has Anyone Else Had This Experience.

No sorry Shropshiregirl, I always pick mine up because I have a big bag full of medications and its a managed one for 6 months.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 12:38 PM

That sounds shocking Shroppy. I order mine on-line, very quick and easy. Within a couple of days they are ready at my local pharmacy.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 12:40 PM

It is brilliant up here in Scotland. When I moved up here, I got a form from my new GP. Once registered, l was able to use ‘Patient Access’ a downloadable app which I can use on my iPhone and iPad. Order my meds on line and collect them just 3 days later.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 12:54 PM

My goodness, you are all lucky there with your prescriptions. I don't like this cross-examination ordeal at all. It must just be here in Shropshire. If it happens again I am going to give them a piece of my mind, We have never hoarded medicines and should not have to endure questioning of each item ordered. To me, it's like questioning one's honesty.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 01:35 PM

Yes. The community spirit is amazing up here in our town. Sometimes I can walk through the pharmacy front door and my prescription will be waiting for me by the time I get to the counter.
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

30-07-2018, 01:47 PM

we use Pharmacy2You. Been very good service so far, they email us when they are ready to dispatch items and they are delivered to your door.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 04:03 PM

I just ring our pharmacy to make sure they have the prescription, the doc gives it to them, then either I or my Son or Daughter fetch it with theirs.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 04:11 PM

No problems here. I use Lloyds Pharmacy and my prescriptions are always ready for me when needed.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 04:20 PM

I put our repeat prescriptions online. Never had any questions. Sound awful what you went through. I hope you get your tablets soon!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top