Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 05:21 PM

Re: Has Anyone Else Had This Experience.

That sounds like a shocking experience and a cost-cutting move prone to error. I'm glad we don't have anything like that here.

I'm suffering from medicine surplus. Each time I get discharged from hospital they provide a months worth of tablets and liquids (except 2 weeks on the controlled pain-killers).

I have more medication than I know what to do with. Enough to get very high if I abused it.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
That sounds like a shocking experience and a cost-cutting move prone to error. I'm glad we don't have anything like that here.

I'm suffering from medicine surplus. Each time I get discharged from hospital they provide a months worth of tablets and liquids (except 2 weeks on the controlled pain-killers).

I have more medication than I know what to do with. Enough to get very high if I abused it.
When I first started my chemo, the hospital provided me with lots of equipment for when I have to have my Hickman line flushed, which is every seven days. They were assuming the district nurse would call to do the flush (she would need this equipment) but as it happens I decided to have it done at the local hospital where they use their own. So I have all this equipment which if returned will be disposed of. It seems such a waste.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 09:48 PM

I didnt have the same experience as yoy but I still had a problem when I tried to order another inhaler [ I am registered with my surgery to order on line,then the pharmacy delivers to me] The Drs pharmacist rang me & complained that as they had sent one to me just 12 days ago,I explained I like to keep on3 in advance,explaining how many puffs I used a day,,the pharmacist said that I was taking too much,but I told her this was what I had been advised to do by respitary nurse,& when he came to see me I told him 7 he said he'd sort it out.He must have done because the next day another inhaler was delivered
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Panda ->
we use Pharmacy2You. Been very good service so far, they email us when they are ready to dispatch items and they are delivered to your door.
I use them s well, Panda, they are brilliant.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 08:20 AM

Hi

My situation is somewhat complicated.

I get prescriptions from the various Hospitals and also the Nurse Prescribers who come, these are all hand written.

I have been caught out with interactions between the various drugs and changing doses.

My GP Surgery in the village has it's own dispensary, but it only deals with prescriptions from the Doctors there.

I now take all the various prescriptions there, they are reviewed by a doctor, who then prescribes them at the Surgery.

It works now, sometimes I have to wait a couple of days whilst the Doctor checks with the Hospital Doctors etc, but much better than the side effects.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 09:59 AM

Have very little problem with my repeat meds. I don't bother my GP surgery - the pharmacy (Boots) does it all for me, I just 'phone up and tell my pharmacy what I need when I start to run down, and they organise the prescription with my surgery and prepare the medication ready for me to collect in 3 -4 days time.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 10:05 AM

Can you not complain to your Doctor's Surgery? After all they must have approved of this new regime.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
It is brilliant up here in Scotland. When I moved up here, I got a form from my new GP. Once registered, l was able to use ‘Patient Access’ a downloadable app which I can use on my iPhone and iPad. Order my meds on line and collect them just 3 days later.
Yep it's the same for us up north..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 10:37 AM

I never have to do anything. My repeat prescription is sent to the chemist by the surgery and l just collect it every two months.

My only complaint is, when they get something wrong, the chemist blames the surgery and visa versa.
I feel like ‘piggy in the middle’!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I never have to do anything. My repeat prescription is sent to the chemist by the surgery and l just collect it every two months.

My only complaint is, when they get something wrong, the chemist blames the surgery and visa versa.
I feel like ‘piggy in the middle’!
I have a good relationship with my pharmacy but they've been known to get things wrong.

Once, the prescription was for 28 Codeine tablets but they gave me 28 Dihydrocodeine tablets (much stronger). I just took them back and got them swapped.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top