Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 12:48 PM

Police Chases

Hi

Another tragic incident, four dead in a police chase.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-45043792

I know some who say that the police should never give chase as the risks are so great.

I am not one of those.

My view is this, you are not going to get away from a Police pursuit car driven by an expert.

It is stupid to try to do so and you put your life and that of others at risk.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 02:05 PM

Re: Police Chases

For once we are in agreement. The latest wheeze of motor cyclists and scooter riders throwing away their helmets hoping that the police will give up the chase should also be ignored, the police should be allowed to continue it.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Another tragic incident, four dead in a police chase.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-45043792

I know some who say that the police should never give chase as the risks are so great.

I am not one of those.

My view is this, you are not going to get away from a Police pursuit car driven by an expert.

It is stupid to try to do so and you put your life and that of others at risk.
Very much depends on the conditions involved in the chase.
Weather, time of day, location etc.etc.

Presumably the deaths involved in this case were occupants of the chased car.
Only the bloke with his foot on the accelerator is guilty as far as we know, the other three might have been screaming for him to stop.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 03:33 PM

Since many Police forces now have access to helicopters, pursuit on the ground is often not necessary and could be counter-productive. The helicopter crew are capable of directing police cars onto an interception without the need to give chase.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Since many Police forces now have access to helicopters, pursuit on the ground is often not necessary and could be counter-productive. The helicopter crew are capable of directing police cars onto an interception without the need to give chase.
Hi

All Police Forces have access, it is a National Service.

It has been savaged by the cuts and as usual it is London and the South East which have the quickest response times.

The rest of the UK is not an option for many chases.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

All Police Forces have access, it is a National Service.

It has been savaged by the cuts and as usual it is London and the South East which have the quickest response times.

The rest of the UK is not an option for many chases.

Sussex Police have their own Helicopter - tends to be used instead of Police chases.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

02-08-2018, 05:14 PM

Sussex Police have their own Helicopter - tends to be used instead of Police chases.
HI

Get your facts right UJ, old news, it is now a National Service.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 05:24 PM

Whoever uses what there is only one designated per area and if it is engaged on something else it cannot be in two places at once.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

02-08-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Very much depends on the conditions involved in the chase.
Weather, time of day, location etc.etc.

Presumably the deaths involved in this case were occupants of the chased car.
Only the bloke with his foot on the accelerator is guilty as far as we know, the other three might have been screaming for him to stop.
They may have been screaming but they didn't have to get in the car.
It is an offence to allow knowingly yourself to be carried in a stolen car, its my guess they would know. Also why were they being chased? Had they stopped when the Police put the blues on none of it would have happened.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2018, 08:57 PM

I'm still staggered that no-one has yet invented a simple easy bit of technology to stop a criminal's car. I mean it really can't be beyond the wit of man.

For example, mount a couple of large electro magnets on the front of a police car that can be extended out front by say a couple of feet. Drive right up behind the car that won't stop with them extended and switched on. Clunk, magnets attach. Now police can used their car as a braking car to slow the criminal's car down.

Whether viable or not there must be some kind of similar solution.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top