Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 07:57 PM

Re: Police Chases

By pure coincidence, I've been working at a place in Bradford today where the vehicle concerned was being kept by the local forensics team. It was covered up by a blue tarpaulin. Story was that the car overtook the unmarked cop car on the other side of the road to avoid a traffic island. No doubt the full story will come out at the inquest.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 08:07 PM

If a car is obviously going to run away, chasing it only ups the danger levels for other innocents on the road.
If a helicopter tracks the car rather than a pursuing police car it will probably slow to less dangerous speeds, and not be aware of the helicopter, and even if it does realise the copter is following, they should know running will not help their escape.

If the nice people on here believe the death penalty is the correct punishment for speeding in a stolen car, we could still hang them from the nearest tree as soon as they are run to ground, without endangering drunks wandering home from the pub, or sleepless old ladies walking their dog.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
If a car is obviously going to run away, chasing it only ups the danger levels for other innocents on the road.
If a helicopter tracks the car rather than a pursuing police car it will probably slow to less dangerous speeds, and not be aware of the helicopter, and even if it does realise the copter is following, they should know running will not help their escape.

If the nice people on here believe the death penalty is the correct punishment for speeding in a stolen car, we could still hang them from the nearest tree as soon as they are run to ground, without endangering drunks wandering home from the pub, or sleepless old ladies walking their dog.
So it's the fault of the police for chasing them. Right, I get it. Naughty police.

I'd agree with them receiving the death penalty if they killed someone, even unintentionally; they'd still be the cause of death. I'm glad you feel the same way as I do.

If they injured an innocent party, they should suffer the same injury.

An eye for an eye.

The Old Testament rules worked!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
So it's the fault of the police for chasing them. Right, I get it. Naughty police.

I'd agree with them receiving the death penalty if they killed someone, even unintentionally; they'd still be the cause of death.

An eye for an eye.

I thought the police were there to protect the public.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I'd agree with them receiving the death penalty if they killed someone, even unintentionally; they'd still be the cause of death. I'm glad you feel the same way as I do.

An eye for an eye.

From what I hear, the police didn't chase them, there wasn't enough time before the driver lost control and crashed. If it ever it appears in one of the local papers I'll post a link.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top