Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:20 AM

Re: does meditation kill motivation?

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Go over where ?
DUH
That is what I would like to know.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
That is what I would like to know.
cross the bridge to the other side! - be receptive to the spiritual world perhaps?
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Go over where ?
DUH
hhaha other side ==of what now iam asking '''
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 11:32 AM

I don't yet maddy of what now are you asking??
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2018, 12:17 PM

There are many rivers to cross, but I can't seem to find my way over.

I have practised and taught relaxation techniques, but all that
https://www.meditationtrust.com/tran...ation-mantras/ is not for me tbh. Do you meditate Gummy?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

04-08-2018, 12:33 PM

I have meditated using the Thai method of theravada buddhist practice having lived in Thailand and studied under Thai buddhist masters - making it a daily practice is the challenge - it is easy to neglect. Becoming a buddhist monk or nun is the challenge but most of us cannot make it this far.

there was some recent research done on a ozzie buddhist master who was tested using an MRI machine whilst he meditated on total happiness - the results were quite significant - showing changes in brain waves that were not part of normal daily brain waves for normally and actively busy people.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

04-08-2018, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I have meditated using the Thai method of theravada buddhist practice having lived in Thailand and studied under Thai buddhist masters - making it a daily practice is the challenge - it is easy to neglect. Becoming a buddhist monk or nun is the challenge but most of us cannot make it this far.

there was some recent research done on a ozzie buddhist master who was tested using an MRI machine whilst he meditated on total happiness - the results were quite significant - showing changes in brain waves that were not part of normal daily brain waves for normally and actively busy people.
Do you have a link for that Gummy?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top