Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 10:16 AM

Re: Going into a home

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Anyone remember "Waiting for God" a 90s sitcom about a couple in a home who'd both retained their marbles and sense of humor? Quite funny, and I've always hoped that's what it would be like for me when the time comes.
I liked that sit com.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 02:12 PM

https://youtu.be/vPhXXbn12tg
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:19 PM

I really liked that programme Waiting for God, wish theyd put on some more good shows like this.
Thanks Mups I will pass on the tip ,re checking on homes , to my nieces. They are still going through paperwork & meetings with social services,my S I L savings have to go down below a certain amount before she gets help [ shes nearly there ]
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 09:35 AM

You won’t find a care home around here for £600 a week. Theres not much under £1000.

Regarding the CQC reports - they are a good starting point but your best plan is to go with your gut! CQC inspectors can get the wool pulled over their eyes quite easily.

First of all go by the smell. If its OK carry on, if it smells of urine walk away. There is no need for any care home to smell of wee these days.

Listen to how staff interract with residents. Many put on a show for visitors. Ask about the staff/resident ratio. Ask whether any activities are available to residents. ask whether they can sit outside in good weather. Lots of homes rave about their beautiful gardens but its rare to find homes where residents actually use them. I visited 14 homes last summer and despite it being lovely warm weather, only one had a couple sitting outside.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Please let me drop dead walking the dog .
Ditto. There’s is no way I am going to go into a home.
I’ll do anything to avoid that.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 11:21 PM

If one day I can't look after myself any more, I would rather go into a decent home with other people for company, and my meals cooked, than snuff it here on my own!

My ex husband lived on his own after we split.
One day he was found on the floor of his cottage. He had been there for three days. Nobody knew.

I wouldn't want to end up like that.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
If one day I can't look after myself any more, I would rather go into a decent home with other people for company, and my meals cooked, than snuff it here on my own!

My ex husband lived on his own after we split.
One day he was found on the floor of his cottage. He had been there for three days. Nobody knew.

I wouldn't want to end up like that.
Not likely for your dear Mups
You have surrounded yourself with people who adore you.. all your life I'm thinking!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 11:30 PM

Deylon
If your sil has enough wits about her, get her to sign her house or any other assets she may have to her children
That way.. the state can't demand she pays for her own care and they will have to provide it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Not likely for your dear Mups
You have surrounded yourself with people who adore you.. all your life I'm thinking!

Well that's a very kind and generous thought Rhian, but I have few actual visitors that call in home, not even my son.

Sometimes I have thought if I didn't have friends in all the different groups that I belong to, I may not see anyone for many days.

I could snuff it and be on the floor for ages, until my dogs had to eat me. Ooer, what a morbid thought.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

14-08-2018, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well that's a very kind and generous thought Rhian, but I have few actual visitors that call in home, not even my son.

Sometimes I have thought if I didn't have friends in all the different groups that I belong to, I may not see anyone for many days.

I could snuff it and be on the floor for ages, until my dogs had to eat me. Ooer, what a morbid thought.
Arghhh!
Give me your address NOW!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top