Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:13 AM

Should I get a maid?

Just someone to come round, clean my house and do other menial tasks.

I've found with my cancer I've let things slip a little around the house. Last time I vacuumed the sweat was pouring off me. I've not had any bother washing myself or my clothes but feel I could use some help as I have so little energy.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:14 AM

Re: Should I get a maid?

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Just someone to come round, clean my house and do other menial tasks.

I've found with my cancer I've let things slip a little around the house. Last time I vacuumed the sweat was pouring off me. I've not had any bother washing myself or my clothes but feel I could use some help.
If you can afford it, why not?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:15 AM

I think I'm afraid that they would steal something.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:17 AM

I would if I was struggling, no shame in asking for help, sometimes we need it especially for deep cleaning. I do my dads cleaning, he's 85 and almost completely blind.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:18 AM

It's awful that this is how we are made to think these days, the good people far outweigh the bad nasty people but I get where you are coming from
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:19 AM

Hi

I have Sabrina, she has been my cleaner for 5 years, absolutely brilliant.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have Sabrina, she has been my cleaner for 5 years, absolutely brilliant.
What will happen when you move, Swimmy?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:23 AM

That is a rather negative thought, Ffosse. If it really worries you then lock your valuables away. Make sure you employ someone from a proper agency and check her references.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

13-08-2018, 11:26 AM

The places I've checked online want you to make it a weekly or monthly job and require bank details. What happened to cash in hand?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

13-08-2018, 11:32 AM

I think I'll hang on for a bit - as long as I can wash my clothes and change my duvet covers I won't fret over the odd bit of dust although I'll vacuum/clean the linoleum less often than I used to as it really wears me out.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top