Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 11:58 AM

Re: Should I get a maid?

Put anything away that you are worried about and go ahead .
Advertise locally for a cleaning lady perhaps the loacal church knows of one ( should be honest ) I feel sure some would like cash in hand .
Otherwise a cleaning company would seem to be the answer .
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

13-08-2018, 12:00 PM

Might be an idea to ask around your family/friends/folk in your street that you know. You may well find someone is looking for a job doing casual cleaning for a bit of pin money.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 12:19 PM

And don't forget the pension contributions.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 12:58 PM

You can pay the housekeeper cash,even from an agency,as most are self employed,..they just get the work from that agency...not sure how you pay the agency,their cut though.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 12:59 PM

There are lots on Gumtree in your area Dreamy.
I just looked.
I agree with Muddy on the church.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 01:31 PM

I've just fallen a bit behind....I have plenty of time but am tired a lot of it. My house is quite big although I don't use every room.

Today, though, I changed my duvet and washed a whole lot of clothes. It's just the vacuuming, mopping the lino and dusting in all the crooks and crannies that is a bit beyond me at the moment.

I don't think I'll bother with a cleaner, though, I'll just set aside some time when I'm less fatigued and do a little at a time.

My living room, which is quite small, and contains my 2 new sofas and TV/audio plus my coffee table upon which sits anything I need is clean, though. And a nice NE wind blew the rain onto the windows so they are clean on both the inside and out.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:26 PM

Ffosse, is there anyone you know personally who could clean for you? That way you wouldn't have the problem of worrying about them stealing things from your house. Maybe a neighbour could do this if they need a few pounds occasionally?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Just someone to come round, clean my house and do other menial tasks.

I've found with my cancer I've let things slip a little around the house. Last time I vacuumed the sweat was pouring off me. I've not had any bother washing myself or my clothes but feel I could use some help as I have so little energy.
Maids have their uses...........
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Maids have their uses...........
I agree. Forget the cleaner and get a maid complete with uniform. Who cares if she actually cleans anything?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree. Forget the cleaner and get a maid complete with uniform. Who cares if she actually cleans anything?
OMG
Have you tried -

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top