Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 12:21 PM

Re: A feeling that is alien to you?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Excellent post, Mups.
Thanks Tabs.

Having strong emotions can be a curse, but as long as it brings more good feelings than negative ones, I'm happy.

Tara asked what feelings we have never experienced, and I don't think I have ever experienced pure hatred - neither do I want to.

I have had strong dislikes, even resentments, but not what I would call pure, and never ending hatred. It must eat you up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You are lucky then,...some people are cold and emotionless,..because it is alien to them "love"not everyone comes
from a loving home,..so I completely understand ,a lot of people who are emotionless,..lots of help for the youngsters of today,who are living in a violent and abusive environment.

I think some people have always come from loveless backgrounds Pauline. Maybe not as much violence as there is today, but lovelsss nevertheless. I don't think you have to experience violence to feel unloved.

What about the 'well-to-do' families who sent their kids away to live at boarding schools so had no family life?

What about the kids who's old man thought the best way to disclipine them was with a cane or belt?

The kids who were bullied all their school life and beyond?

There will always be 'damaged' people. So maybe they are the ones who need you most?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 01:19 PM

Throughout my life I think I have now experienced every emotion I can think of, except perhaps pure hatred - the sort of feeling where you believe you have to destroy the object of the hatred felt. I tend to feel things quite deeply. Even though being an emotional person has caused some pain and anguish on occasions, there have been some terrific highs for which I am thankful and I wouldn't have it any other way. I believe that it is important to experience all emotions and feelings with whatever capacity you have and not try too much to subdue how you are feeling - It is important to understanding, valuing and appreciating the good things as well as the bad and indifferent. Then there is also the motivating aspect of our feelings, which again is important. I wouldn't want to be living on a "flat plain", feeling little. I would miss so much in life. I suppose it is the Yin and the Yang of being. The ups and downs which go towards being a contented and fulfilled person.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Well said Aerolor.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You are lucky then,...some people are cold and emotionless,..because it is alien to them "love"not everyone comes
from a loving home,..so I completely understand ,a lot of people who are emotionless,..lots of help for the youngsters of today,who are living in a violent and abusive environment.
I am certainly not emotionless, I get steamed up about things quite frequently.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have never felt any grief when anyone has died. Even when my favourite grandmother, of whom I was very fond, died. I don't know how I would feel if any of my children died before me, I hope I never have to find out. I must admit I am quite grateful that so far I haven't been devastated by grief like some people.

Are there feelings other posters haven't experienced?
I didn't grieve when my Dad died; he wasn't the most pleasant character and had been ill for years. I supported my Mum, though. He was 69 when he died in 1995 and Mum is 92 now.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

13-08-2018, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Throughout my life I think I have now experienced every emotion I can think of, except perhaps pure hatred - the sort of feeling where you believe you have to destroy the object of the hatred felt. I tend to feel things quite deeply. Even though being an emotional person has caused some pain and anguish on occasions, there have been some terrific highs for which I am thankful and I wouldn't have it any other way. I believe that it is important to experience all emotions and feelings with whatever capacity you have and not try too much to subdue how you are feeling - It is important to understanding, valuing and appreciating the good things as well as the bad and indifferent. Then there is also the motivating aspect of our feelings, which again is important. I wouldn't want to be living on a "flat plain", feeling little. I would miss so much in life. I suppose it is the Yin and the Yang of being. The ups and downs which go towards being a contented and fulfilled person.
Excellent post.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't see how we would know.
Quite right mate, lol
It's like that old Bob Seger song where he says "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then". Takes some thought...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:19 PM

I haven't experienced the fear of coming face to face with a great white shark yet.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Are there feelings other posters haven't experienced?
No I think I have experienced the lot from physically painful grief to contentment.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top