Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:51 PM

Re: Issues after the site has moved to a new server

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Great. Get posting your music stuff.
I know that makes you happy.
Already there with that, Sweetie Pie. New thread started about "Perfect Songs", where anyone can add what they think is just a great record. See you in there maybe?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Already there with that, Sweetie Pie. New thread started about "Perfect Songs", where anyone can add what they think is just a great record. See you in there maybe?
OK. I will post later. X
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 04:18 PM

I couldn't get on the forum until after lunch using my tablet, transferring to new server apparently but not a problem for everyone? Weird....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I couldn't get on the forum until after lunch using my tablet, transferring to new server apparently but not a problem for everyone? Weird....
Mine's just gone off again!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 04:37 PM

I blame the Russians.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-08-2018, 05:22 PM

Sorry to bang on about this but using my phone I can only access the site now if I get a notification from one of my subscribed threads. Then I can see the whole forum and post as normal.
If I go to the forum from scratch all I get is that server message from last night and some of the home page screen which doesn't update.
I'm flummoxed!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 05:29 PM

Hi all, it depends on your ISP and how soon they pick up the DNS for the new server.

Sometimes you can speed things along by 'flushing the cache' on your machine. You can see how to do that via this page: https://documentation.cpanel.net/dis...Your+DNS+Cache

Other times pressing refresh (or f5) sometimes helps..
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

13-08-2018, 05:31 PM

I refresh after every post. I thought everyone did that.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-08-2018, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Hi all, it depends on your ISP and how soon they pick up the DNS for the new server.

Sometimes you can speed things along by 'flushing the cache' on your machine. You can see how to do that via this page: https://documentation.cpanel.net/dis...Your+DNS+Cache

Other times pressing refresh (or f5) sometimes helps..
Thanks Azz, but it isn't a problem on my computer, it's happening on my phone.
I'm not sure if I clear the cache via the settings will lose other apps I may need?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I refresh after every post. I thought everyone did that.
No there's no need to do that

If you don't get the 'We're moving to a new server' message, that means you are already on the new server

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks Azz, but it isn't a problem on my computer, it's happening on my phone.
I'm not sure if I clear the cache via the settings will lose other apps I may need?
You could try turning WIFI off, going to the site, pressing refresh a few times, to see if that helps (then turn WIFI back on).

Otherwise you may just have to wait until your ISP sends through the latest DNS..

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top