Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 07:33 PM

Re: Tarot readings

I have never had mine read and l wouldn’t want to.

The same, l would never have my fortune told. It’s like peeping at the ending of a book to see how it finishes.

What will be will be.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have never had mine read and l wouldn’t want to.

The same, l would never have my fortune told. It’s like peeping at the ending of a book to see how it finishes.

What will be will be.
Except that there is not a shred of proof that's how it will end for you.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:45 PM

one of the biggest load of tosh out there

Like getting a charm to heal cancer

There was a whole thread here a while back and Im sure Im right in saying someone got so upset with it all they refused to post or read it any more

Thats when you realise what damaging bull it really is
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:57 PM

find a good tarot reader -and it is a eye opener '
had readings in the pass -and been happy with the results -not all pleasantries...tho ..I have a pack of tarots but never learnt the actual art of meanings ...like aysa said each
to their own my mum used to turn money over in her pocket with a new moon -- takes all kinds lol
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

15-08-2018, 10:34 AM

While I can see it as a tool for self-examination, my issue with it is that a good friend adamantly believes it predicts the future...I can't buy that...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 10:54 AM

I've read tarot cards for over 30 years .. and I'm not sure I do either.

I tend to believe that first and foremost ... a tarot reading provides a snapshot of a moment in time , of that precise moment in the situation under question ....... the layout unfolds with a chain of events ... the outcome is not fixed.

Anywhere along the line the querent (the one having the reading done for them) can alter the outcome, usually by how they react and deal with things. A bit like turning right at the traffic lights instead of left. The destination alters.

It can be bad though.
I once knew a woman who had her cards read, relationship advice, and the Tarot reader said her marriage would end.
The woman .. fatalistically thinking, 'it's going to happen anyway', immediately went home, packed her husbands stuff in bin bags and threw him out.
Her marriage ended. The Tarot reader was right. In my opinion that was a poor, even a manipulative reader.

There's a very basic reading anyone can do which illustrates this well.
A three card daily spread.
Card 1. The good positive things for this day.
Card 2. The not so nice things for the day.
Card 3. What you have to overcome, how to deal with it, and what you learn this day ( even it it's 'sod it' I shouldn't have got up today and stayed in bed).

As a tool for self-reflection and meditation is does have more value.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

As a tool for self-reflection and meditation is does have more value.
I agree, Morti, have used them this way for years. Some of the art work is really beautiful as well.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 11:03 AM

It is isn't it. The more you delve into the symbolism the more fascinating it becomes.

I'm surprised you haven't designed your own pack. You're gifted and creative enough to do it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It is isn't it. The more you delve into the symbolism the more fascinating it becomes.

I'm surprised you haven't designed your own pack. You're gifted and creative enough to do it.
Never thought about it ... Hmm ... Tarot of the Crazy Cat Woman ?? Has a certain ring to it!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

15-08-2018, 11:19 AM

Morti - do you have a favourite deck?

The one I use most is 'The Celtic Tarot' - well it would be, wouldn't it - artwork is by Courtney Davis and is really beautiful.

I also have 'Tarot of the Old Path' which is interesting, and 'The Lord of Rings Tarot' - bought that one purely for the artwork - have never used it for readings.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top