Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2012, 07:34 PM

De-worming Adults

My Mum's carer is going to deworm my Mum, not because Mum has worms but for the prevention of them. Anyone else de-wormed themselves?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2012, 07:51 PM

Re: De-worming Adults

I hope it doesn't cause your Mother too much stress Alicat. I have to admit it's a new one to me, never heard of anybody being de-wormed, the wife had the old dog done a few times, as far as I can remember, but that's it, sorry I can't help.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2012, 09:22 PM

Has your mum's carer any clinical role or expertise Alicat? If your mum hasn't got worms it would not seem appropriate to give her de-worming medication as a preventative measure. I woud be asking her carer a few questions. I would think a Doctor would be the best person to diagnose and decide what your mum needs.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2012, 09:26 PM

Years ago children used to get thread worms and were treated with a strange tasting block of chocolate which contained a wormer .

I haven't heard of anyone being wormed for years .
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 10:19 AM

Thanks for your replies, I seem to think it's a bit strange as well and I've never heard of it. Will have to look into it a bit more.

Thanks again.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 10:29 AM

I'd be worried as well I think, as I've never heard of this, and surely the doctor needs to be involved in prescribing any medications?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 11:58 AM

I too find it strange. I have never heard of this before and I have a relative in a care home. I would certainly want more information.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 12:45 PM

I've not heard of this either. I regularly de-worm the dogs but thats different.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 01:13 PM

I would have thought that if this is normal practice then they would do it in care homes where there is more chance of the worms being passed from one person to another. I would most certainly question it further.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I would have thought that if this is normal practice then they would do it in care homes where there is more chance of the worms being passed from one person to another. I would most certainly question it further.
Back in the 90's we used to own a care home and believe me, this is something that I've still never heard of......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top