Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 11:34 PM

Worrying Times

I've got so many worries at the moment I've turned into an insomniac. These last five days I haven't slept at all. When I get really bad anxiety like this there is only one drug that will eventually start my sleep pattern and that is Temazepam, I only need three nights worth and my own sleeping pattern kicks in, it's just convincing a doctor to give me some, without them it just goes on and on of me not sleeping.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 11:40 PM

Re: Worrying Times

Sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping Alison .
I am not a fan of sleeping pills, is there anything you can do about the anxiety, is something in particular worrying you.

I have periods of sleeping very badly, If I wake I always get up for a while and do something before trying to sleep again. I often start my bread off in the middle of the night, it has usually risen nicely by morning
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Sorry to hear you are having trouble sleeping Alison .
I am not a fan of sleeping pills, is there anything you can do about the anxiety, is something in particular worrying you.

I have periods of sleeping very badly, If I wake I always get up for a while and do something before trying to sleep again. I often start my bread off in the middle of the night, it has usually risen nicely by morning
Hello Meg Thanks for your reply. I'm in turmoil at the moment, I have a Mirena coil floating around in my body and it's very dangerous but I can't convince my doctor that the coil isnt where it should be. I can feel it and the sharp bit.

I'm morbidly obese so they're not so inclined to help people like that, plus I will need surgery to get it out.

It's all a bit of a nightmare.

You're idea of making bread in the middle of the night sounds nice Nice smells.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 08:59 AM

Alison darlin' - a little bit of 'trick' psychology. Try putting all your worries into either an item of jewelry or clothing which you take off at night when you go to bed. Your worries are then 'put away from you' and you should be able to sleep. Obviously this is not going to work in just one night, but if you continue to say this to yourself every night it just might.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Hello Meg Thanks for your reply. I'm in turmoil at the moment, I have a Mirena coil floating around in my body and it's very dangerous but I can't convince my doctor that the coil isnt where it should be. I can feel it and the sharp bit.

I'm morbidly obese so they're not so inclined to help people like that, plus I will need surgery to get it out.

It's all a bit of a nightmare.

You're idea of making bread in the middle of the night sounds nice Nice smells.
Hi Alison have you thought of arranging to see the doctor at your local Family Planning Clinic , they are often more help with these kind of things than GPs.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Alison have you thought of arranging to see the doctor at your local Family Planning Clinic , they are often more help with these kind of things than GPs.
Definitely try to see someone and get them to listen to you. I'd be worried too, especially as you can feel it's out of place.

I drink chamomile tea at night to help me sleep. Hope you get all your worries sorted out soon and your sleeping pattern restored.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 05:09 PM

Ask to see the nurse at the surgery but if not then its action stations and that is go into the surgery without an appointment, go to the desk start to book in then start crying and moaning, double up as if in great pain and they will do something as they dont like a lot of fuss in case it upsets the other patients. Good luck.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 05:14 PM

I read that in a book called The Millstone and have done it when my daughter was in Manchester Childrens Hospital and it did work.It caused chaos, the nurse had told her she would be having a very big tube down her throat as a feeding tube, she was terrified.But it didnt happen.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

27-06-2012, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by [B
anniemuldoon;199243]Ask to see the nurse at the surgery but if not then its action stations and that is go into the surgery without an appointment, go to the desk start to book in then start crying and moaning, double up as if in great pain and they will do something as they dont like a lot of fuss in case it upsets the other patients. Good luck.
Goodness me Annie I would be scared someone would call an ambulance and I would end up in hospital
Alicat
West Berkshire

27-06-2012, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Alison darlin' - a little bit of 'trick' psychology. Try putting all your worries into either an item of jewelry or clothing which you take off at night when you go to bed. Your worries are then 'put away from you' and you should be able to sleep. Obviously this is not going to work in just one night, but if you continue to say this to yourself every night it just might.
Hello Uncle Joe, fancy you reading these girlie threads I shall definitely try that. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top