Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 09:16 PM

Re: 310 MILLION GUNS in the hands of American civilians!

It is not only the USA that are gun mad. When I was in Brazil a local police sargent emptied his pistol before proudly show and handing it to me to see. He claimed he had shot 3 people dead recently (drugs and mafia no doubt) and had no qualms about doing it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
It is not only the USA that are gun mad. When I was in Brazil a local police sargent emptied his pistol before proudly show and handing it to me to see. He claimed he had shot 3 people dead recently (drugs and mafia no doubt) and had no qualms about doing it.

Yes but that is because the Brazilians are influenced by the American example. they've seen it on their television night after night for the past 2 - 3 decades,- the 'gung ho' American police/detective series blasting away at anything and everything that moves.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
How is owning a form of self defence as a deterrent nonsensical?
Because, for one reason, you would have to keep it loaded and serviceable and carry it around with you in your hand 24/7. No good when you are attacked by someone either in the street or in your home saying to your self....'Now where did I put the gun' ? or saying to the attacker 'Now.... leave me alone or I will get my gun from the wardrobe upstairs, check it, clean it, load it and point it at you, pull the trigger and probably miss'...........your attacker would be terrified wouldn't they ... if they hadn't already died laughing ??
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes but that is because the Brazilians are influenced by the American example. they've seen it on their television night after night for the past 2 - 3 decades,- the 'gung ho' American police/detective series blasting away at anything and everything that moves.
More crap from the uninformed, www.policeone.com This is an Honest view from police in the U.S..This is right up there with overpowering an Marshal NOBODY KNOWS WHO THEY ARE,they blend in with the public.Wow If a person cannot distinguish a T.V. show from Reality,they shouldn't be allowed outside alone or even own a weapon.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Because, for one reason, you would have to keep it loaded and serviceable and carry it around with you in your hand 24/7. No good when you are attacked by someone either in the street or in your home saying to your self....'Now where did I put the gun' ? or saying to the attacker 'Now.... leave me alone or I will get my gun from the wardrobe upstairs, check it, clean it, load it and point it at you, pull the trigger and probably miss'...........your attacker would be terrified wouldn't they ... if they hadn't already died laughing ??
They are LOADED,you only need to clean it after firing it.You walk around in public with a weapon in your hand,you are asking for trouble.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama

14-12-2015, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Your wish or need to kill anything or anyone is entirely dependent on your circumstances. Sitting peacefully at home watching wars from the comfort of an armchair most have no desire or need to kill.

When other people invade your space, hurt your loved ones or kill them then your circumstances would change pretty quickly.

Note that owning a gun does not mean you need to fire it and if you do fire it, you don't have to fire it at someone. The sight of a gun is a bug deterrent for many people and seeing one fire live ammo at say a wall is equally convincing.

The countries which have nuclear capability don't use it, it simply exists as a deterrent.
True nothing scares a criminal more than a home owner with a gun.Most gun owners,hunters,target shooters have training.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama

14-12-2015, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
UMMM,they make holsters,that is a hands free way of carrying a weapon,DUH.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama

14-12-2015, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Drugs and Gangs are a big problem in Brazil.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama

14-12-2015, 03:26 PM

I like this http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf..._owners_rights or this one gunownersrights.com
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2015, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by DragonsRealm ->
UMMM,they make holsters,that is a hands free way of carrying a weapon,DUH.
And the attacker waits until you get it out of the holster, knock off the safety catch, point, aim and shoot do they.....
Duhhhhhh

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top