Join for free
Page 51 of 51 « First < 41 49 50 51
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 09:17 PM

Re: Dark Days Ahead...And We Can't Even Vote Ukip!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Please don't feel you have to explain yourself, no one else has to say why they use the name they do. At least you appear to be a single poster not a facsimile like some who say the same thing time and again and only post in the brexit part of the forum.
What is the problem with posting on an interesting part of the forum?
I like to read the jokes for blokes, but I have no addition to make. Should I post bad jokes?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I call myself moscow in honour of the over 20 million Russian citizens that died fighting German tyranny not so long ago.
They were certainly courageous men and women, unfortunately their nation then forced their own form of tyranny on the countries that hoped for liberation . It took another 45 years before true democracy returned.

Unfortunately your name could be seen to represent the imposition of another form of tyranny and loss of true democracy

My name incidentally is just that of a town in Scotland which was the birthplace of an engineer I hold in high regard
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
What is the problem with posting on an interesting part of the forum?
I like to read the jokes for blokes, but I have no addition to make. Should I post bad jokes?
I just find it better to get to know people I am talking to, eg if I didn't know JBR from other parts of the forum we might fall out big time but we know each other and can separate our political differences from our personalities and I certainly like and respect JBR I hope he feels same about me. If we just met in political threads it may be very different.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I just find it better to get to know people I am talking to, eg if I didn't know JBR from other parts of the forum we might fall out big time but we know each other and can separate our political differences from our personalities and I certainly like and respect JBR I hope he feels same about me. If we just met in political threads it may be very different.
Yes, I feel the same about you, Julia.

But I'd avoid the political threads, if I were you, because I tend to speak my mind!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I feel the same about you, Julia.

But I'd avoid the political threads, if I were you, because I tend to speak my mind!
Adversaries can respect each other, even though they have completely different view points. As you probably know, Montgomery had a photograph of Rommel above his camin. Both men respected each other although they never met in person.

For you and all others on this forum, the best wishes for 2019.

Page 51 of 51 « First < 41 49 50 51

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top