Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 05:32 PM

Technology today is fantastic

We took my computer today back to Comet as it has a problem withe DVD/Cd drive and was told by an assistant to take it back so we set off with the tower today and was promptly told to take it back home and phone Acer which I did and the chappie on the end of the phone though Indian and not too easy to understand just got me to click on a couple of things and lo and behold problem solved ... I think he probably thought to himself what a dimebar we have here but was very good but I certainly wouldn't have thought it could be repaired this way as the CD's would go in and out ok but the drive wouldn't kick in and play them....
Well done Acer I am impressed....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 06:07 PM

Re: Technology today is fantastic

Nice one! I have an Acer Laptop too
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 06:28 PM

That's what I'd call good service!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 06:52 PM

It's amazing what a click of the mouse and a guru can do innit Suey.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 08:34 PM

I had an unfruitful experience with the Mac Helpline in India a few years back (could not understand him), called back the next day and the new one walked me thru a few simple steps and voila! Working again. It is amazing, isn't it?
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 08:36 PM

Easy when you know how...
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 08:43 PM

Technology is a wonderful thing until it goes wrong!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 09:09 PM

I worry though as I am a bit of a technophobe where computers are concerned I did have to ask him a couple of times what he meant or to repeat what he was saying as he spoke very quickly and I am absoloutly no good with the oscar delta tango stuff I just make it up as I go along
but yes all I am so glad it didn't have to go back to Acer as the first person we saw at Comet said... I would have had serious withdrawal problems...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 09:17 PM

This may be a completely dumb question, but are there any places where you could rent a computer while yours was off being repaired?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
This may be a completely dumb question, but are there any places where you could rent a computer while yours was off being repaired?
Local libraries let you use theirs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top