Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 09:24 PM

Re: Technology today is fantastic

Yes, I know that, but don't fancy having to spend hours there ...also our library has a time limit. Plus, they use PCs which I'm completely unfamiliar with, never used anything but a Mac.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Yes, I know that, but don't fancy having to spend hours there ...also our library has a time limit. Plus, they use PCs which I'm completely unfamiliar with, never used anything but a Mac.
A PC is the appliance of science DM, . . broaden your horizons and take the plunge, . . if anything goes wrong just look blank and quote our Scottish motto, . . "it wisnae me".
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 09:34 PM

I will make no derogarory remarks about PCs as I am vastly outnumbered here!!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I will make no derogarory remark about PCs as I am vastly outnumbered here!!
Oh well, . . an apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 10:03 PM

I've almost forgotten how to use a PC now!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
though Indian and not too easy to understand just got me to click on a couple of things and lo and behold problem solved .

Well done Acer I am impressed....
I wish the Indian help desk that Barclaycard use were as good, three times I've phoned them and got nowhere

Also, Acer really need to look at the people selling their kit, having to unplug the box, load it in the car, drive to Comet, and then be told to take it away again would have upset me greatly.

So, I guess it's good that they fixed it over the phone, but not good that Comet messed up.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 09:48 PM

I was not impressed either but I stupidly forgot to get the lads name on our first trip to Comet... But never mind alls well that ends well ...I hope...
But I must say this computer is amazing to my last one I used to switch it on go down make a tea or coffee come back up and still have to play solitaire for a few minutes before it kicked up now 10 seconds and I am on line ....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top