Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
mom55
Boston Ma
mom55 is female  mom55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 11:52 AM

Re: Newbie here

Originally Posted by merz ->
Hello, good to meet you - hope you enjoy the forum

Thank you merz and it's good to read you as well
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by mom55 ->
Hey Uncle Joe it's been forever lol.Yes we did get hit pretty bad but fortunately not in my area as much as others. My prayers go out to them!!

Brrrrr it is really chilly though here in Beantown but that's New England for you as they say "wait a minute and it will change" lol....nice to meet you and thank you for the warm welcome
Ginny darlin' whilst not wishing you any more of that 'stuff', what you already have, please keep your side of the 'pond' my (metal) hips and knees go rusty in wet and/or cold weather and its costing me a fortune in lubricating oil (WD40 sprays).
mom55
Boston Ma
mom55 is female  mom55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ginny darlin' whilst not wishing you any more of that 'stuff', what you already have, please keep your side of the 'pond' my (metal) hips and knees go rusty in wet and/or cold weather and its costing me a fortune in lubricating oil (WD40 sprays).

Aww Uncle Joe i'm so sorry that you had to go through so much and you being the young man that you are...hey does the WD40 REALLY work that well? I heard it does!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2013, 12:41 PM

Yes Ginny darlin', if you, like me suffer from Osteo-arthritis, WD40 sprayed on the affected joint (the can warns don't get it on your skin) does work and eases some of the pains. I have an Uncle in Ontario and he used Duck oil (Duckhams) which he said also helped his arthritis.
mom55
Boston Ma

03-01-2013, 12:59 PM

Yes Ginny darlin', if you, like me suffer from Osteo-arthritis, WD40 sprayed on the affected joint (the can warns don't get it on your skin) does work and eases some of the pains. I have an Uncle in Ontario and he used Duck oil (Duckhams) which he said also helped his arthritis.

That is amazing. aww again I am so sorry you needed to go through all that ....I hope everything else in life is treating you well!!..........i'm here if you ever want to chat some more.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

03-01-2013, 04:38 PM

That is amazing. aww again I am so sorry you needed to go through all that ....I hope everything else in life is treating you well!!..........i'm here if you ever want to chat some more.
Thank you Ginny darlin' for your kind offer. We will chat regularly. In the meantime, I'll make your hair curl. Because of a lung problem, I'm not allowed general anaesthetic so all five operations were completed whilst I was conscious - I had an epidural and was numb from the waist down. However, whilst I felt no pain per se, I heard the surgeon sawing and hammering at my joints and felt the vibration of both the saw and the hammer. I didn't mind in the slightest.
mom55
Boston Ma

03-01-2013, 04:47 PM

Thank you Ginny darlin' for your kind offer. We will chat regularly. In the meantime, I'll make your hair curl. Because of a lung problem, I'm not allowed general anaesthetic so all five operations were completed whilst I was conscious - I had an epidural and was numb from the waist down. However, whilst I felt no pain per se, I heard the surgeon sawing and hammering at my joints and felt the vibration of both the saw and the hammer. I didn't mind in the slightest.
OMG Joe that must have been devastating for you. I mean I know you didnt feel anything but to hear it all....you are a strong young man for sure!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

03-01-2013, 04:57 PM

OMG Joe that must have been devastating for you. I mean I know you didnt feel anything but to hear it all....you are a strong young man for sure!
Ginny darlin' I have a fascination with all things medical. When the surgeons did arthroscopy on my knees (prior to full knee replacements) again under epidural and the surgeon was guiding the probe by camera and it was being televised. Laying on the operating table I was able to watch him perform the procedures as I was able to see the television screen. I wasn't the least bit worried by any of it.
mom55
Boston Ma

03-01-2013, 05:13 PM

Joe I just had a liver biopsy done and I heard the needle was really long. I told them to please do NOT let me see that needle lol....you are AMAZING I tell you and very brave as well!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

03-01-2013, 05:27 PM

Ginny darlin' needles (of all different sizes) don't worry me in the slightest - have had to have blood tests every week for the past seven years due to the fact I've been prescribed Warfarin and they have to keep adjusting the dose of that weekly. When I was due to go into hospital for operations, they're not allowed to operate if you're on Warfarin, so you stop that several days prior to hospital admission, but replace it with injections of Tenzaparin (straight into the stomach) - those hurt!!! and I finished up with a row of bruises as large as the diameter of tea cups around my waist band - very uncomfortable!!!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top