Join for free
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2009, 06:12 PM

Macbook problem

Someone on my breed specific forum who is located in USA has posted about a Macbook problem.

There was a smell of burning and on investigation the magnetic connecting lead had smoke coming from it (where it meets with the little box with the bigger lead which plugs into the socket) and it actually burst into flames

When it was reported to Apple they dismissed it and said it was wear and tear, a bit too dangerous for my liking. I wont be leaving mine plugged in unattended.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2009, 06:23 PM

Re: Macbook problem

Doesn't sound like Apple tbh - they are usually pretty good at customer support. Was it still under a year old? If so your friend should be able to get it replaced/fixed.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2009, 09:47 PM

Re: Macbook problem

Scary! I agree with Azz, very unlike Apple!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top