Join for free
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 09:33 PM

Sky Broadband

My husband was talked into having Sky TV phone and broadband package as much cheaper (1/2 price) to Virgin Media package so we are changing I am not too impressed at the moment as the changover has been very disjointed we had the Tv installed 5th November the phone as now through BT line last week heard nothing about the broadband so hubby rang on Wednesday and was told we should have rang 24hrs after the phoneline was activated but we wern't told this so they said it would be 12 days till the broadband was set up but husband had a fit at them and they said they would hurry it through we have a date now 16th of December the router came today with instructions that are as clear as hyrogliphics but to cut a long story short I won't be on line for a few days as our Virgin package ends tomorrow and I won't be connected to Sky till at least next thursday so till then bye for now all...
Sue
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 10:50 PM

Re: Sky Broadband

Oh dear Suey, it all sounds a bit of a mess up

We changed over from Virgin to Sky TV Phone Broadband package last year and I have to say the transition went very smoothly.

I hope you get it all sorted soon.
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 10:53 PM

Sounds a bit of a mess. If it's any consolation a friend moved from BT to Virgin and had similar probs.

Maybe it is just rotton luck

Hope it all comes together in the end.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2009, 01:06 AM

It'll be worth it - and the sky router is easy to set-up, you just need to type the code in that's on the back

Also, sometimes it happens sooner so hope to see you before then
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2009, 01:34 PM

Hope it gets sorted soon

I have to admit to being a lazy coward and not daring/not being @rsed to change from Sky for TV and BT for broadband. I'm sure it's costing us more but ... why risk the hassle?
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2009, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Hope it gets sorted soon

I have to admit to being a lazy coward and not daring/not being @rsed to change from Sky for TV and BT for broadband. I'm sure it's costing us more but ... why risk the hassle?
We're the same. I keep geting special offers which, on the surface, sound much cheaper but we'll stick where we are thanks!
Louise
New Member!
Australia
Louise is female 

12-12-2009, 11:52 PM

Hope it is all worked out soon what a pain not having the internet for that time. Only a few days now to go but still what a nightmare.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2009, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Also, sometimes it happens sooner so hope to see you before then
Not with Sky it doesn't Azz, they subcontract all their technical stuff and the people who do it have other customers so you go in their que not the one Sky tell you.

I'm still mad at the deliberate lies they told me about the Sky Plus box. As the world now knows (Or should know) when the Sky Plus first came out it had a problem with the hard disc drive. Sky knew about it and had a legal action on Pace (The maker of the box) who were suing some German company who supplied the hard drive who in turn were in dispute with the Japanese supplier of the software etc.

It was all horribly complicated but while it was being sorted Sky denied any problems and when it locked up you could (and I did) wait two weeks for a technician to come round and all he did was replace the box which of course had the same problem.

Sky's attitude is, and always has been, don't tell the customer anything and if they make too much noise offer them a months rental rebate

This is all true but I suppose you'd best close this thread now or Sky will slapping a lawsuit on you Sorry to cause your thread to disappera Suey
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 03:35 PM

Oh Losos you made me laugh with the little bit at the end of your post Shhhh but I think it's ok and we havent been wiped off the board yet hehe I had to get a USB thingy to run it wireless but my daughters boyfriend set it all up for me as I am useless with anything computery but I must say now it seems ok and the bonus is it's free with the phone and tv package so can't grumble really can I but am now back on here... A bit of a belated Merry Christmas to you all I have been working most days just had Christmas day off ...
Sue

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top