Join for free
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 07:51 PM

External hard drive anyone?

Well I have brought myself today an external hard drive for the computer to back up my files....pictures etc, so wish me luck.
Its a 1tb that approx 1000GB of memory..... ... so loads of room.
Will report back on my progress.....should be plug and play. so it says on the box.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 09:46 PM

Re: External hard drive anyone?

Am sure you'll be fine Kazz Let us know if you run into any probs.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 10:09 PM

Apologises Azz no problems at all....just plugged in and copied what I wanted over. No trouble. If you fancy popping over to your favourite cat site and assisting Eileen with info on hard drives for Mac's she would appreciate it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 10:39 PM

Eileen as in DM? She's here too

Personally, I would get a USB HD reader like this one:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/119927...t:Hard+Drives#

...and then just buy normal 'internal' Hard Drives that slot into it. That way you can buy the exact hard drive you want (brand/speed/size etc) and as it's easier to just buy another hard-drive as and when you need it you can just get another when you run out of space and keep the old one as an old back up - they are cheaper too as you're not paying for the enclosure every time. It's also handy for reading hard drives from other/older computers too
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2009, 10:56 PM

Eileen as in DM? She's here too

Yes, Azz, I'm here too; been busy on Catsey bothering Kazz with dumb questions...you know me!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top