Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2009, 03:33 PM

Instructions

Hurrah! We've done it - got my xmas pressie (an internet etc wi-fi radio) up and running.
The instruction booklet, though detailed, was a nightmare.

Why does it seem so difficult for manufacturers to get the balance right, between assuming everyone is a technical whizz-kid and therefore only miniml instructions are required, and assuming everyone is a technical whizz-kid and therefore wants every dot, comma, gig and byte in minute detail?

Simple, English, step by step instructions, with footnotes, pictures etc as necessary .. how difficult is that?

(The major sticking point - us searching our memories in despair for our WiFi WEP/WPA key, when all it was asking us to input was the password D'oh )
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2009, 04:06 PM

Re: Instructions

....because they're written in China

(Sorry couldn't resist )
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2009, 09:21 PM

You may have been joking, Azz, but you are RIGHT! Some of the instruction booklets are written so badly they're almost useless. I agree 100% with DM here.

I once got a new digital watch that had the instruction booklet for another model in it!!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2010, 01:19 PM

Check out www.pandora.com. It's the best thing since sliced bread.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top