Join for free
View Poll Results: What computer/OS do you use?
PC 18 75.00%
Mac 4 16.67%
Linux 1 4.17%
Other 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 02:44 PM

Re: What computer/OS do you use?

I'm using a 10 inch Dell mini laptop at the moment as my desktop pc is packed away as we hope to move house soon. It's handy because you can use the laptop anywhere in the house with the wireless router but I don't 'alf miss my desktop pc!! Once we move my desktop will be one of the first things to come out of storage.
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 04:26 PM

any questions ask. n im sure Charlie will have a reply for u. other than windows stuff.then the reply wont be so polite lol. u should hear what he says when hes sorting out a windows machine thats virused.( i go out)
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2009, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
It's an operating system that you run on your PC

The most common ones are

OS X (Macs)
Windows (PCs)
Linux (PCs and servers)

But what I think Sue wants to know is, can you change your operating system from what you currently have to Linux? Is it complex or something a non-techy person could do?
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 03:27 AM

Here's a link for some software, most of it's free to download some of it you pay for.

www.majorgeeks.com
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2009, 08:14 AM

I have a Mac Notebook, I don't know what my PC is though, I hardly ever use it now!
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2009, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
But what I think Sue wants to know is, can you change your operating system from what you currently have to Linux? Is it complex or something a non-techy person could do?
sorry just caught up with this.
yes u can have linux on a machine that used to have microsoft OS on. think u can partition the harddrive so u can have both.
but as hubby is out at the moment i cant ask him. but any questions he will ansa. ill pass on our phone number if u wanted to talk to him.opps sorry just realised u are stateside bit expensive i think to call lol
misty
Northamptonshire UK
misty is female  misty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2009, 10:38 AM

I use a pc with a flat screen acer minitor.
cathy
essex

17-09-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by misty ->
I use a pc with a flat screen acer minitor.
wow u are brave, those minitors can be quite vicious, saw 1 on jason and the Argonauts he wasnt easy to handle lol
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2009, 02:56 AM

Lol@ Cathy ..good one!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2009, 11:01 AM

I bought a Gateway pc about 8 years ago - didn't last long and by then Gateway had gone back to Ireland, so it was going to be difficult to get it repaired. Grant stepped in and built me a brand new one! Since then, I have had it updated. I have 2 hard drives and an external hard drive. I use Vista, at the moment but, hopefully, going to transfer onto Windows 7 - with the help of Grant! I just need more memory and then will go onto Windows 7.

I would be lost with my pc! Hate laptops - whoever designed them never thought about designing a decent keyboard! Mind you, the same goes for pc keyboards - too flat and keys too close together! That aside, I love pcs

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top