Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 04:03 AM

Re: M.a.s.h.

M*A*S*H was filmed up in the hills not far from our house in Westlake Village, California. It was in one of several areas owned by one of the TV/movie studios called "The Ranch," before it became part of a state park. My mom was doing some work in the area and sometimes we would take our bikes along and ride up to watch them film. Sometimes we were turned away, but some of the directors and film crews were nice and - under threat of dismemberment if we made so much as a peep - would let us watch filming. Larry Linville always made a point to say hi to us - super nice guy. There were a lot of movies made in that park; I remember there being several minature buildings that were part of the Towering Inferno set.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 06:08 AM

One of the best shows ever to come out of the States, it kept some of us glued to our seats for years.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 08:39 AM

How interesting Surfermom, I was brought up on shows like M*A*S*H and 'The Waltons' I never missed an episode of either. Then later on in life I got hooked on 'Hill Street Blues' and 'Star Trek' Captain James Kirk was my hero (still is) and although he has been the subject of some criticism over the years, I still like William Shatner.

Interesting to note:- The first time we flew to Majorca on holiday back in 1980 the pilot introduced himself as 'Captain James T Kirk' Really!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 09:56 AM

We never missed an epsode of the wonderful MASH. A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to pick up two boxed sets of the series for 50p and often watch a DVD.

That, and The West Wing were such quality productions, both very different.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 02:21 PM

RIP - will be missed

I was the spitting image of Mike Farrell at that time, although we are now both old and grey..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Farrell

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top