Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 06:14 PM

Re: Do you record more TV shows and movies than you can watch?

I've got Sky with a Sky+ box. I record everything I want to watch so I too can FF through the adverts.

If I'm recording a series that is say....13 episodes or less, I will record the whole series before I watch it, then I watch 2 or 3 episodes a night. The reason I do this is because if I watch one episode a week I forget what happened last week The joys of getting older

The programmes I watch fall into 3 categories. First one is stuff I really have to pay full attention to (Walking Dead, GOT), second one is what I call "also rans" which I can watch while doing menial tasks like washing up etc (Criminal Minds, Supernatural) and the third one is bubblegum telly, series that have a lot of episodes but nothing ever seems to change (H50, NCIS etc).

I only pay for Sky, I don't have Netflix or Prime, I'd never have time to watch all the programmes if I did
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't have the facility to record but I would if I could find something worth recording. Unfortunately there are very few things on tv that appeal to me these days and there are the +1 channels and iplayer etc. We no longer watch any of the soaps so that cuts the choice down quite a bit and I really think I have seen 90% of the rest before.
I do have the facility to record, but like you, there's not much worth watching on TV, let alone recording .....
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 07:43 PM

I dont record anything on telly...Ive not got the time to sit and watch countless movies or tv programs
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 07:43 PM

Yes, I do, I record a load of rubbish most of the time.
Although, I do use a series link for my favourites.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 08:17 PM

I tend to record lots of stuff but rarely get around to watching them, then it annoys me that I have so much stuff to watch so I end up deleting most of it...
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 09:14 PM

I stopped recording shows about 10 years ago.
By the time I got around to watching something, my interest was gone and preferred to watch something current.

Honestly, although I live alone I don't watch much TV at all. Only from 9 to 11 at night, and mostly the news. Oh, and three reality shows a years ... makes me laugh at the people making a big deal out of nothing.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 09:31 PM

I don't record any, if I miss one I watch it on i player or whatever.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 09:55 PM

Yes I do! I get interrupted by phone calls, so press R. I have to take the dog for walks, so press R. I do a meal, so press R. Then I have to find the time to blimming watch it all. I deleted a lot of stuff recently to free up the Sky box.

I don’t like to miss Corrie, Emmerdale, Doctors, and often Holby and Casualty, tho do sometimes get fed up with the last 2. Having to record Apprentice because neighbour phoned just as it started. Watching it live now so might as well stop the recording.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 10:22 PM

I don't record anymore Richard. I usually just watch Netflix now. I still have my VCR. Don't know if I would remember how to set the timer or not. Must try it one day......

Hope you are feeling a little better Richard......
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 10:41 AM

We don't need a recording device, we have a smart TV so can watch the things we want on the iplayer.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top