Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2018, 11:47 PM

Re: The Bear in My Yard

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Thank you Sage!
You're welcome.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 12:47 AM

we have wallabies on our property [small kangaroos -wild of course] but they always run away when they see us and can always beat the dogs in a chase the wallabies!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
No. I hate guns. I won't even touch one. My brother killed his neighbors with one.

Well said, Sage.

What's the poor creature doing but pinching a few apples!
Is that a crime? Hopefully when the apples are gone, the bear will go too, and foreage elsewhere.

He doesn't know they are YOUR apple trees after all.

People are far too eager to kill IMO.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
we have wallabies on our property [small kangaroos -wild of course] but they always run away when they see us and can always beat the dogs in a chase the wallabies!
The only thing I know about wallabies is what I see in documentaries. So they are fast. Do people tame them and keep them as pets? Do you live in town or in a rural setting?
Sage
U. S.

17-11-2018, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well said, Sage.

What's the poor creature doing but pinching a few apples!
Is that a crime? Hopefully when the apples are gone, the bear will go too, and foreage elsewhere.

He doesn't know they are YOUR apple trees after all.

People are far too eager to kill IMO.
Thanks for understanding. I was beginning to regret I posted this. We are in the bears' territory. We are the invaders. The wildlife have no other place it can be. Usually if we leave them alone, they leave us alone.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 01:05 AM

Thanks for understanding. I was beginning to regret I posted this. We are in the bears' territory. We are the invaders. The wildlife have no other place it can be. Usually if we leave them alone, they leave us alone.

Really pleased you feel like that, Sage.
Well said.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 01:06 AM

The bear is very unlikely to attack. If he comes close, I can use the axe handle to keep him from mauling me - to hold him away from my face and throat and give me a chance to escape. It's better than nothing - contrary to what people here may think.
This works against angry dogs as well, don't try to hit them with a stick, they are faster than you, just point it at them and back away slowly.
Sage
U. S.

17-11-2018, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Really pleased you feel like that, Sage.
Well said.
I learned a lot from the experience my brother put me through. One of them is feeling a oneness with all things. I have no right to injure anything. Now I do have to eat, and all things I eat were alive before I ate them. I can't help that, but like that Native Americans I can honor all beings.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2018, 01:10 AM

Totally with you on this and your stance on guns.
Here, in UK, we don't have dangerous wild creatures other than the rarely seen Adder, a venomous snake. In my seventy odd years I have never seen even one.
Sage
U. S.

17-11-2018, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
This works against angry dogs as well, don't try to hit them with a stick, they are faster than you, just point it at them and back away slowly.
I did not intend to hit anything with a stick. I intended to hold it a little way from my chest. One has to use common sense.

This is a subject I know about.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top