Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 02:44 PM

Re: Phd student sentenced to life in prison in UAE

Also the University would have known about checking the do's n dont's in that type of Country, did they not advise him to check things out first.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2018, 04:53 PM

He had lived in the country as a child was educated there and probaby thought he was safe .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 05:07 PM

He might be pardoned now.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 07:32 PM

Hi

The UAE, particularly Dubai, is a great holiday destination.

I travel a lot, I never get involved in anything political in any country I visit.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 08:31 PM

There was a caller on a radio show that happened to be on in the car whilst I was driving today. He was very frank and highlighted the utter stupidity of the student in question.

You have a choice to do your studies/dissertations on whatever you want.

This idiot decided it would be good to go and delve into Security of one of the most dangerous regimes in the world.

There are therefore two possibilities:

1) He WAS actually a spy

2) He IS a complete idiot

I invite anyone here to pop over to the United States and start up an investigation/study into the events of 911.

See how long it is before you too are picked up!

Or failing that pop over to Uganda to do a dissertation on the reign of Idi Amin . . .

Maybe do a study into UFOs and the paranormal and head over to Area 51 in the US where surely you'll be welcomed with open arms?!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
There was a caller on a radio show that happened to be on in the car whilst I was driving today. He was very frank and highlighted the utter stupidity of the student in question.

You have a choice to do your studies/dissertations on whatever you want.

This idiot decided it would be good to go and delve into Security of one of the most dangerous regimes in the world.

There are therefore two possibilities:

1) He WAS actually a spy

2) He IS a complete idiot

I invite anyone here to pop over to the United States and start up an investigation/study into the events of 911.

See how long it is before you too are picked up!

Or failing that pop over to Uganda to do a dissertation on the reign of Idi Amin . . .

Maybe do a study into UFOs and the paranormal and head over to Area 51 in the US where surely you'll be welcomed with open arms?!
Brilliant ideas Realist. Take your pick and off you go, do keep in touch as long as you can.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 09:32 PM

He might be a spy!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
He might be a spy!
From the Delta Quadrant.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 09:45 PM

If the UAE was in the EU - as was the plan before this brexit buggery - then there wouldn't be any need to spy on them as we'd all as transparent as Juncker's liquid breakfast.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

23-11-2018, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
If the UAE was in the EU - as was the plan before this brexit buggery - then there wouldn't be any need to spy on them as we'd all as transparent as Juncker's liquid breakfast.
I must have missed the UAE applying to join the EU.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top