Join for free
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:02 AM

Haunted humax box

We use a humax free sat box to access TV but just recently it's started turning over the channels on its own, just sat here perusing the Internet when Jeremy vine channel 5 suddenly turned into Jeremy Kyle channel 111

Remote is on the coffee table two feet away I'm alone with one dog on my shoulder and another on my feet, no one touched it !

Been happening for a couple of days.

Haunted ? Or a more technical problem ?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:16 AM

Re: Haunted humax box

Is the remote control in good condition? No buttons that could be stuck down or a bit tired in action? Take the remote control handset out of the room as a test.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:19 AM

Ah you could be onto something, we have a sticky button, it was dropped into a bowl of ice cream last weekend. The button need flicking to bring it back up.

I think we've got an old universal one we used with an older tv I'll look that one out and give it a try, if I remember rightly it was easier to see and use than this one too.

Thank you.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:34 AM

It sounds as if it might be that. Taking the batteries out of the remote control is an alternative to taking it out of the room. Anything to stop the Humax box from possibly receiving a command from it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:44 AM

Mart's suggestion sounds most likely but if not, what about dog hairs in the box or the remote? Our stereo used to turn itself on and off but it stopped after I vacuumed the cat hairs out of it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

23-11-2018, 01:05 PM

I took the battery out and the battery compartment was full of dog hair ! I've cleaned that out and generally cleaned it up a bit, also pulled out the humax box and that has a lot of elsie hair in the vents so I've vacuumed that out too, it's a lot quieter now and not turned over it's self so far.

So fingers crossed it was Elsie's fault losing all that hair. Was a crumb keeping the button pressed can't blame her for that though
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I took the battery out and the battery compartment was full of dog hair ! I've cleaned that out and generally cleaned it up a bit, also pulled out the humax box and that has a lot of elsie hair in the vents so I've vacuumed that out too, it's a lot quieter now and not turned over it's self so far.

So fingers crossed it was Elsie's fault losing all that hair. Was a crumb keeping the button pressed can't blame her for that though
That sounds promising. I remember taking my old computer for repair and when I collected it, the man asked me if I had cats. I said I did. He said that when he opened the back up, he couldn't stop sneezing because he was allergic to cats.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top