Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 12:48 AM

'No Go' areas for Ambulances

Isn't it awful what is happening to some of our paramedics when they arrive at the place where they are needed, and then they get attacked by rabble.

For the life of me I cannot understand the mindset of these people who want to harass and harm these good people attending serious emergencies.

They are saying the North West is the worst area, and the ambulance service now has 756 addresses there, red flagged as 'No Go' areas.
What happens if you urgently need an ambulance but you live in one of the 'flagged' areas?

A report says there are now 1,400 places in Britain which are too dangerous to send an ambulance!
Some workers have even had knives and guns drawn on them.

In Yorkshire alone, 47 ambulance workers reported being kicked, 24 were slapped, 17 bitten, 36 were spat at and another 60 suffered sexual assaults!

One of the Chief Executives is quoted as saying:

"Almost none of the perpetrators receive custodial sentences when they are prosecuted for assaulting our staff."

We had best hope and pray we don't live in one of the 'No Go' areas if ever we need help.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 01:10 AM

Re: 'No Go' areas for Ambulances

What report is this please and who compiled it?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->

I'll see if I can find a link for you, Purwell.
Hold on a mo . . .

Here you go.
This isn't the same report I initially read because it is not there now for some reason, but this says much the same. It is in several other newspapers as well.
Best I can do.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/782175...esses-england/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 06:33 AM

Hi

Police, Fire,Ambulance are all easy targets for the scumbags.

They need to be protected better, unfortunately we don't.

This impacts on innocents who live in these areas.

Catch them and if they are working seize their wages for a month and destroy their mobiles, if they are not working, stop their Benefits for a month and again seize their mobiles.

Prison is a waste of time for them, they are not bothered.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 09:51 AM

It's just appaling that anyone would think to attack the emergency services .
I guess a few of these people have mental health issues like a neighbour of mine who swears at the police but is ok most of the time.

Some of the emergency 'call outs' seem to be to people causing the trouble, drunks and drug users and they respect no one .
I agree with Swim, time to pay up for those people.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 10:25 AM

I really don't understand mindset of some people. The ones write notes on ambulances parked for a few minutes saving someone's life because they don't like where they parked Verbally attacking GP staff, It's usually not their fault there is a long wait. Attacking emergency service people, how would they feel if their family needed them and they couldn't attend because of fear of attack ?
Nathan has had several black eyes and bruises from patients in A&E because he's big black man they call him if the nurses are being harassed and threatened if he's in the department, and being the sort of person doesn't like others being hurt he steps up. Why hit the staff ?

Actually I wonder whether it's all part of a phenomenon we see these days, internet forums, twitter etc you see such anger expressed, it's out of control for some people, Dr Who at the moment is bringing out the worst in some people, The abuse the writer and show runner get is truly awful, last one moffatt was driven off social media when his family and children were receiving threats, so much anger over a children's TV show.

So much anger out there, was it always there and something has released it more recently or is it new anger and where and why is it out there ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
It is constantly in the News Purwell, you don't need to see a report to believe it.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It is constantly in the News Purwell, you don't need to see a report to believe it.
It is not constantly in the News at all, I have seen occasional items.
I am sceptical of the 1400 no go areas mentioned.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-11-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I really don't understand mindset of some people. The ones write notes on ambulances parked for a few minutes saving someone's life because they don't like where they parked Verbally attacking GP staff, It's usually not their fault there is a long wait. Attacking emergency service people, how would they feel if their family needed them and they couldn't attend because of fear of attack ?
Nathan has had several black eyes and bruises from patients in A&E because he's big black man they call him if the nurses are being harassed and threatened if he's in the department, and being the sort of person doesn't like others being hurt he steps up. Why hit the staff ?

Actually I wonder whether it's all part of a phenomenon we see these days, internet forums, twitter etc you see such anger expressed, it's out of control for some people, Dr Who at the moment is bringing out the worst in some people, The abuse the writer and show runner get is truly awful, last one moffatt was driven off social media when his family and children were receiving threats, so much anger over a children's TV show.

So much anger out there, was it always there and something has released it more recently or is it new anger and where and why is it out there
?

This last sentence Julie, made me look at our own "What Annoys You" thread, and so far there are 882 entries.
Seems lots of things annoy us, but we don't go round attacking paramedics.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2018, 12:18 PM

I think that we have all become too soft with criminals & punishments are just not hard enough!

No decent human being would attack people who are trying to save lives!

The problem is that we have not taught the difference between right and wrong & we certainly don't punish unlawful behaviour strongly enough....so is it surprising that criminals are not worried about committing crime?

If they have nothing better to do in their spare time, than attack emergency workers perhaps a bit of unpaid hard labour, doing dirty jobs, would teach them how to behave better

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top