Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 11:59 AM

Re: Are we cruel to fish?

Realist, you say you abhor angling, but then go on to describe how you stab a screwdriver into a live creature's brain because you consider yourself humane.

How have you obtained these live critters if you abhor angling?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 01:13 PM

I just feel like crying reading this thread. I hardly eat any meat at all.......just chicken and fish, now I don't really want to eat them either. I never thought about these things when I was younger, I even had my picture taken holding my prophy fish. what an idiot I am.....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Thing is we have to eat...I saw a programme a few years ago that recorded and enhanced a tomato screaming when you sliced it. It's a cruel world but we have to eat, sometimes it's better not to know.
I agree Summer!

I can remember Australians complaining about wild cats killing creatures in their country, but they have to eat too!
Carnivores will always need to kill to eat, but humans could go vegetarian. The problem is that, when they do, somebody will produce recordings of all vegetables screaming when cut!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I agree Summer!

I can remember Australians complaining about wild cats killing creatures in their country, but they have to eat too!
Carnivores will always need to kill to eat, but humans could go vegetarian. The problem is that, when they do, somebody will produce recordings of all vegetables screaming when cut!
Tbh I am aware as a vegetarian there is still cruelty involved in my food too when they reap the crops lots of small animals are killed little mice etc are just as important as a cow so it's not possible to be smug even if you take the next step and become a vegan.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I just feel like crying reading this thread. I hardly eat any meat at all.......just chicken and fish, now I don't really want to eat them either. I never thought about these things when I was younger, I even had my picture taken holding my prophy fish. what an idiot I am.....
You can only do what you can at the time I don't think a lot of the information was available to us years ago WB. You have not done anything to be ashamed of IMO
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 02:54 PM

This thread is enough to turn me Vegan..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 03:44 PM

I think it is true that we have only recently become more aware of what goes on regarding animals. When I was younger, meat just came in a tin or a packet or from the butchers. I didn't really think beyond that. I suppose living with a vegetarian for so many years has made me think about it a lot more and that's a good thing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 05:46 PM

I understand we have to be realistic about our food sources, but I what I don't understand is why the millions of fish killed, can't have any legal slaughter legislation or welfare protection.

I cannot possibly agree with thousands of them just being slung on heap of other suffocating fish to die slowly.

You imagine the outcry if lambs, piglets, poultry etc was treated like that!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You can only do what you can at the time I don't think a lot of the information was available to us years ago WB. You have not done anything to be ashamed of IMO
Thanks Julie
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Are we cruel to fish?
The human race is probably the cruelest species on the planet - even to itself.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top