Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 04:51 AM

Re: French Riots

Don't worry I expect you will be able to have your own riots soon no matter what the Brexit outcome.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Don't worry I expect you will be able to have your own riots soon no matter what the Brexit outcome.
No doubt - but ours will be civilized, Bruce, we're not french.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Who needs them, OGF?
Originally Posted by summer ->
Gosh is it just me who feels just a bit smug that all is not well in France especially after all the lectures we have had off people here who now live in France regarding BREXIT and how perfect their society is .....sorry I know it's serious but.........
It's not just the expats either, the BBC reckons all was very peachy on EU shores......Now they can't get away from the fact that world war three is breaking out on the Champs Elysees........Got it right on my third attempt...
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 12:57 AM

Just been said by Andrew Neil that 96,000 police will be on the street in Paris this Saturday.
They've upped it by 30,000.

UKIP event on Sunday, hope the protestors don't find their way across the channel !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Just been said by Andrew Neil that 96,000 police will be on the street in Paris this Saturday.
They've upped it by 30,000.

UKIP event on Sunday, hope the protestors don't find their way across the channel !
Didn't realise UKIP were still around, Puddle Duck, they have gone very quiet.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Didn't realise UKIP were still around, Puddle Duck, they have gone very quiet.
They seem to have been infiltrated by BNP and EDL, hence the reason Farage has resigned. He (Farage ) is expecting trouble on Sunday.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

07-12-2018, 01:20 AM

Looks as if Andrew Neil might have got it wrong, which makes me look silly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46476037

It says:

Across France, 89,000 police officers will be on duty and armoured vehicles will be deployed in the capital, Prime Minister Edouard Philippe announced.

That would indicate that 89,000 across France ,not all in Paris.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 03:06 AM

Macron is trying to put through some sweeping changes which are probably badly needed but highly unpopular. This is the way the French show their discontent. Always dramatic.

Paris has not been Paris for the last decade. The character has changed a great deal and it has been neglected. But France itself is still an amazing place. I was there just a year ago and we were really impressed with how organised it is and how polite everyone was.

We had some awful riots only a few years ago. There are a lot of protests here but few make the headlines these days. France is a country of revolution. We are not. We just grumble and get on with life.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 08:35 AM

It's not just Paris and it's not just about fuel.
The people want more taxation of the weathly redistribution of said taxes higher minimal wages benefits and loads of other stuff .
The thing is where is the money to come from?
It has to come from higher taxation .

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2077.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	8135  
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Macron is trying to put through some sweeping changes which are probably badly needed but highly unpopular. This is the way the French show their discontent. Always dramatic.

Paris has not been Paris for the last decade. The character has changed a great deal and it has been neglected. But France itself is still an amazing place. I was there just a year ago and we were really impressed with how organised it is and how polite everyone was.

We had some awful riots only a few years ago. There are a lot of protests here but few make the headlines these days. France is a country of revolution. We are not. We just grumble and get on with life.
I think if we had riots on the scale of the Paris ones they would certainly be reported. I read there were riots in other countries of the EU too but these have not received the same press coverage....things are not as harmonious in the EU we are lead to believe

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top