Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:41 PM

Re: Problem with some mobile phone networks today...

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am with O2 via Tesco. My texts to my sister in Spain kept failing, so l sent them again but still got the same ‘Failed’ message.
I gave up, then my sister texted me to say, she had received 8 identical texts from me!
Art I had the same my sister said 'what are you playing at' when I sent 6 'failed' messages
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 12:42 AM

I am with O2 via Tesco. My texts to my sister in Spain kept failing, so l sent them again but still got the same ‘Failed’ message.
I gave up, then my sister texted me to say, she had received 8 identical texts from me!
Same with me. Although the texts were supposed to have not been sent, multiple copies had actually been sent. Strange, I can receive text messages but not send them correctly and can still make and receive phone calls.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 02:09 AM

I'm also with O2 - which is generally very good here. I had a text from a friend asking me to confirm that we'd meet up this morning - I sent a confirmation............and got a "message not sent". I kept trying to send the text.........met up with my friend and she'd received it TWELVE times!

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 02:24 PM

....well at least your friend knew you were enthusiastic AND happy to see her,Lindy.

....see?
There's a bright side to everything-especially if you're from the Dark Side...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 03:31 PM

I actually got a text from Orange saying that my texts had been delayed and that I would get another text telling me when it had been sorted.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 10:54 PM

I have just received a text from Tesco Mobile to say, they are giving me a 2GB data bundle on them, for January for my patience!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 11:02 PM

I have just received a text from Tesco Mobile to say, they are giving me a 2GB data bundle on them, for January for my patience!
Oh that's good of them Art
I am not expecting anything I only pay £5 a month for my Giffgafff goodybag so only lost about 16pence for a day's mess up .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Oh that's good of them Art
I am not expecting anything I only pay £5 a month for my Giffgafff goodybag so only lost about 16pence for a day's mess up .
Meg, l only pay£5 a month too. So l was surprised to receive the text. l hadn’t even made a complaint.
It didn’t matter that people received multi texts from me as l get 5000 texts anyway!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 11:25 PM

It said in my paper today:

"02 will compensate users after its data services went offline on Thursday.
It will give pay monthly, small business and mobile broadband customers credit for two days of monthly airtime subscription charges, to be issued by the end of January.

"Pay-as-you-go users are to be given 10% credit on a top-up in the New Year.

"02 boss Mark EVans said: "I want to let our customers know how sorry I am for the impact our network data issue had."
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 11:31 PM

The O2 failure had no impact on me, even as an O2 customer, but it was an added bonus to get two days contract refunded to my account

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top