Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 08:47 PM

Re: Rescued.

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
How can people do that to a dog - or any pet for that matter??
But there are some nasty, sadistic gits out there. We see one guy with a GSD that has bald patches. I asked. Apparently his now ex-wife, in a fit of temper, chucked bleach on it.

It used to be a requirement to have a dog licence. I think there is a case for owners to require a licence to own a dog.

Anyway, I'm very pleased that you will get to walk that lovely lady.

Why do you think that will suddenly stop cruelty Bes?

We used to just buy a licence - 7/6d I think they were.
Didn't stop cruelty when then, and it won't now.

Premises were never checked, knowledge wasn't checked, no animal welfare rules came with it, no training was given, no questions asked. Just a piece of paper.

Apologies Sweetie, Jessie looks a lovely girl, but like Meg said - sad and apprehensive eyes.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 09:18 PM

Yes, Mupsy, she was mistreated and that sadness shows.
We will all love her so much, that I hope in time she feels safe and wanted.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I cannot say, how bad things were when we first found her Besso, it still upsets me, all I can say is that her previous owners did not even have a colour or a lead for her.
A happy outcome.
I'm sure the new owners are responsible and take good care of their new charge but a couple of things I should maybe mention.

She must be micro chipped and tagged. Our tag has has our surname and phone number but the dog's name he might respond to that if a stranger calls him is what we were told.

And she should be regularly get worm and flea medication. We use Drontal ans Frontline.
Then the annual visit to the vet for a check up and shots.

Forgive me if I have repeated things her new owners already have in hand but better getting it twice than not at all.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
A happy outcome.
I'm sure the new owners are responsible and take good care of their new charge but a couple of things I should maybe mention.

She must be micro chipped and tagged. Our tag has has our surname and phone number but the dog's name he might respond to that if a stranger calls him is what we were told.

And she should be regularly get worm and flea medication. We use Drontal ans Frontline.
Then the annual visit to the vet for a check up and shots.

Forgive me if I have repeated things her new owners already have in hand but better getting it twice than not at all.
Yes, that is all in place. She also had her claws trimmed, as they were SO long.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I will be walking her as my friends have a business.
She looks so much better than when she was found. That was sad.

Is she home alone all day then, except for when you go to see her Sweetie?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 10:38 PM

How could anyone be bad to that sweet wee face. So glad she's happy now.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-12-2018, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Is she home alone all day then, except for when you go to see her Sweetie?
Oh no Mupsy. My friends husband and wife, both have shops in my local town, when she was first rescued, my friend stayed home and nursed Jessie, her sister ran her shop. Now she comes to work with them.
There are lots of friends to make a fuss of Jessie. The shop is next to a pet shop.
Plenty of room for her too.
I will walk her so they get their breaks.
But other friends who also lost their dog, will also help out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-12-2018, 11:56 PM

Oh I see. Apologies, I didn't understand.

When you said you walked her because they were at work, it sounded like she was back on her own all day with a dog walker going in.

Take no notice of me, I just worry about animals.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-12-2018, 11:59 PM

Oh I see. Apologies, I didn't understand.

When you said you walked her because they were at work, it sounded like she was back on her own all day with a dog walker going in.

Take no notice of me, I just worry about animals.
Don't worry Mupsy. x
I have no pets, so I have friends pets to fuss over.

I will post on her progress.
I need to get a happy doggy pic. x
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 12:30 AM

Why do you think that will suddenly stop cruelty Bes?

Premises were never checked, knowledge wasn't checked, no animal welfare rules came with it, no training was given, no questions asked. Just a piece of paper.
Mups, I am under no illusions that it would immediately stop all cruelty. It was a slightly tongue in cheek comment. But there is a serious side to it too.

Our dog, Max, is a rescue. You probably already knew that.
On the first day we saw him at the rescue centre and walked him I would have taken him there and then. Not allowed. We had to go back and walk him several days in a row, we had a home visit to make sure we had somewhere suitable for him to live. A few weeks after we got to take him home we had another visit from the rescue centre to ensure that he was being cared for properly in his new home.

In short, WE were vetted. If all potential dog owners had to pass such tests I think there would be fewer cases of cruelty.

I know it would be difficult to police but you can report animal cruelty to the RSPCA.

https://www.gov.uk/caring-for-pets

SP, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top