Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 12:35 AM

Re: Rescued.

Besso that is fine, it is not hijacking anyway.
It is important info for all. xxx
You know how much I love Max. x
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
How could anyone be bad to that sweet wee face. So glad she's happy now.
Oh, I love her so. x
It will take time Roxy, she still feels unsure, not of me. x
Six years old never had pups either. x
I gave her a little fluffy pup toy, she loved it. x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Mups, I am under no illusions that it would immediately stop all cruelty. It was a slightly tongue in cheek comment. But there is a serious side to it too.

Our dog, Max, is a rescue. You probably already knew that.
On the first day we saw him at the rescue centre and walked him I would have taken him there and then. Not allowed. We had to go back and walk him several days in a row, we had a home visit to make sure we had somewhere suitable for him to live. A few weeks after we got to take him home we had another visit from the rescue centre to ensure that he was being cared for properly in his new home.

In short, WE were vetted. If all potential dog owners had to pass such tests I think there would be fewer cases of cruelty.

I know it would be difficult to police but you can report animal cruelty to the RSPCA.

https://www.gov.uk/caring-for-pets

SP, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Of course reputable rescue centres do plenty of checks, and follow ups too, I do know that. That is why some rescues only allow pets to go within a certain radius - so they can do home checks and follow up visits.

I also know some who don't, and are just desperate to move dogs on. Very often it is these animals that are returned and have to start the process all over again, and it is often because the rescue didn't do their homeworkproperly.

But either way, that is nowt to do with bringing dog licences , and that is what we were talking about before - not how rescues perform.

As for the RSPCA, I don't support them I'm afraid.
They seem to do their best on camera for tv, but I haven't found the same service away from the cameras.
Phoned them only last week.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

But either way, that is nowt to do with bringing dog licences , and that is what we were talking about before - not how rescues perform.
My comment was about licensing OWNERS.
See post #6.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
My comment was about licensing OWNERS.
See post #6.

Yes, I am well aware of that.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 02:58 AM

Sweetie I am so happy that Jessie has so much love in her life now. Dogs live in the present more than we do so hopefully she will heal over time and learn to trust humans again. Breaks my heart what we do to animals.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What a lovely dog, beautiful. Lucky to find a new home where she will be loved, and new home lucky to have her. Next question hoover that really clears up labrador hair :mrgreen:
My Shark works on cat hair, Julie!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 09:08 AM

Jessie is lovely - good that she now has a loving home.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2018, 09:12 AM

What a shiny coat....I love happy endings
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

09-12-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Sweetie I am so happy that Jessie has so much love in her life now. Dogs live in the present more than we do so hopefully she will heal over time and learn to trust humans again. Breaks my heart what we do to animals.
I am sure she will learn to trust Annie.
I will post some happy pics of her. x

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Jessie is lovely - good that she now has a loving home.
She is adored by so many Tabby.

Originally Posted by summer ->
What a shiny coat....I love happy endings
Yes me too summer. x

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top