Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2009, 01:13 PM

Inside your keyboard

I mentioned earlier that I'd stripped the keyboard down, so to let you all see, here it is in bits.

It's in two halves, this is viewing under the keypad.

This is with the membrane folded back, all those little rubber cups are a bit fiddly, that's where the debris collects thus stopping the keys touching the membrane circuit.

The finished job, I got this keyboard 2 years ago for £10 and like it a lot, it's got masses of keys including the silver dial top right, that controls the sound volume, I noted last week one of you had a sticky key so if you're careful it can be fixed.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2009, 01:43 PM

Re: Inside your keyboard

Amazing Nero! I've never really thought about what's beneath the keys..

That's a great looking keyboard you have there!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2009, 02:04 PM

Well!
And I was fretting when my rh ctrl button came off!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2009, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Amazing Nero! I've never really thought about what's beneath the keys..

That's a great looking keyboard you have there!
It is Mags, note on the left there's a black roller ball too, it can be used like your mouse wheel, I tried to get another like it but the don't make them no more, . . pity.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2009, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
It is Mags, note on the left there's a black roller ball too, it can be used like your mouse wheel, I tried to get another like it but the don't make them no more, . . pity.
I would imagine the roller ball was very useful ......wonder why they no longer make them
nero
Central Scotland

19-10-2009, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
I mentioned earlier that I'd stripped the keyboard down, so to let you all see, here it is in bits.

It's in two halves, this is viewing under the keypad.

This is with the membrane folded back, all those little rubber cups are a bit fiddly, that's where the debris collects thus stopping the keys touching the membrane circuit.

The finished job, I got this keyboard 2 years ago for £10 and like it a lot, it's got masses of keys including the silver dial top right, that controls the sound volume, I noted last week one of you had a sticky key so if you're careful it can be fixed.
I have a confession to make, look at pic #2, at the top there's 4 cups missing, these are below the space bar, the space bar only needs one cup, I spent half an hour on the floor looking for 4 cups coz I thought I'd dropped them, . . dohhh, . . another blonde moment.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2009, 08:02 PM

That's a very fancy keyboard! Interesting to see what it's like inside, I never really gave it any thought.

I have a plastic "skin" on mine, am on my third now. When I first got my computer I was horrified to see that Patches, one of my cats, had whoopsed up a large hairball inches from the keyboard ; immediately went on line and ordered the protector.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2009, 11:28 PM

Lol I remb the days when I used to open up my keyboard to clean it.. now you can get cheap ones for about a fiver (although I wouldn't be without my slim mac one now!).
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2009, 01:21 PM

Nice keyboard Nero and I also never gave a thought to what was under it as long as it was working. I think I will start calling you Mr. Clean after this and the engine in your automobile.

How do they ever type on these new Netbooks (not talking notebook) On the Netbook they took the numbers off the top to make more room but it still does not help much unless they have improved it somehow??
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2009, 02:36 PM

No! No! Inside the average keboard is a tiny little civilisation, evolved over the months and nourished by toast crumbs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top