Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 08:06 PM

In A Conversation, What Is/Are Your Favourite Subjects You Like To Talk About?

I suppose we all have our favourite subjects that we like to talk about, Be it sport, politics, current affairs, the family, the old days, our hobbies, music, gossip etc..... even the weather!

Do you sway the conversation to something else if you’re not liking the subject being discussed..... even switch off, or maybe go to sleep in front of them, like l did once. It was so embarrassing!

You have to agree though some people are easy to discuss things with and others are hard work. You might even prefer talking to someone of the same sex or the opposite sex

Please tell me about what you usually like to talk about and to whom?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 08:12 PM

Re: In A Conversation, What Is/Are Your Favourite Subjects You Like To Talk About?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
No. Mind your own business.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 08:20 PM

Re: In A Conversation, What Is/Are Your Favourite Subjects You Like To Talk About?

HI

i do not get on well with men.

I find ladies far more interesting conversationalists.

I do not do football , neither do I talk about ladies who I have been fortunate enough to take to bed.

Most of which are a pack of lies.

I have met a couple of lovely ladies from this site, had a great day out and the possibility of sex was not an issue with either of them.

Just great fun.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 08:24 PM

The weather is a good starting point, food, everybody loves food, uncontroversial, then get the opponent talking about themselves. They can talk about anything but sport. Sport is all numbers of goals, wickets and stuff, the things boring conversations are made of.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 09:24 PM

Naturally, it depends entirely who i am talking to.

I would talk to a friend very differently to what i how a stranger on a bus for example.
It also depends on what they were saying in the first place, so can't really answer the question.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 09:54 PM

History in general and British economical and social history including the Industrial Revolution in particular mainly with my brother as it's a common interest.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 10:07 PM

I'm too interested in playing with my new car right now. Took it for a blast down the A120 this morning. It was --- adequate.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I suppose we all have our favourite subjects that we like to talk about, Be it sport, politics, current affairs, the family, the old days, our hobbies, music, gossip etc..... even the weather!

Do you sway the conversation to something else if you’re not liking the subject being discussed..... even switch off, or maybe go to sleep in front of them, like l did once. It was so embarrassing!

You have to agree though some people are easy to discuss things with and others are hard work. You might even prefer talking to someone of the same sex or the opposite sex

These days it will be cooking, gardening or what's on netflix! We all spend a lot of time talking about Covid of course, but mostly people's plans, how they are coping etc. I switch off when friends start to talk about Strictly dancing and politics. I may like to discuss politics and history on a forum but it turns me off in real life. I do still love to discuss science and psychology though.

Ultimately I prefer to just talk about life and what people have been up to and how they are feeling. Their families, their relationships, their thoughts on life. Everything else above is pretty much incidental to that. I'm so very different in real life compared with on here!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 10:32 PM

Its strange, had a lot to say at the start, but, no one else was interested, now, everyone wants to talk, but the interest has waned., calm is returning.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 10:37 PM

Think Mr Churchill (not the Dog) came to the same conclusion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top