Join for free
Page 4 of 21 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 09:27 AM

Re: A Cheer For Boris!

Well, I'm am going to cheer if only because I ain't got to hear the word "Deal" for the foreseeable.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Well, I'm am going to cheer if only because I ain't got to hear the word "Deal" for the foreseeable.
A very good reason, hopefully the same applies to "Brexit" too, it's over
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 09:57 AM

We all have different opinions but do any of us really know the details of the deal? Even the press don't know how many pages it is ( so far I have seen different figures from the press saying 500, or 2000 or the latest figure was 1250), so I don't think anybody really knows how good/bad it is..... and that includes the people who made the deal
The EU never wanted us to leave, for fear that other members may want to do the same, so the UK should be proud that we were not forced to remain members.
All we need now is for the deal to be accepted by EU & UK governments and all do our best to make it work.

Let's be fair, our votes are worth nothing if they are based on the many lies we are told by opposing political candidates... who think they know it all! I really hope that all our political parties can work together to help us succeed .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
We all have different opinions but do any of us really know the details of the deal? Even the press don't know how many pages it is ( so far I have seen different figures from the press saying 500, or 2000 or the latest figure was 1250), so I don't think anybody really knows how good/bad it is..... and that includes the people who made the deal
The EU never wanted us to leave, for fear that other members may want to do the same, so the UK should be proud that we were not forced to remain members.
All we need now is for the deal to be accepted by EU & UK governments and all do our best to make it work.

Let's be fair, our votes are worth nothing if they are based on the many lies we are told by opposing political candidates... who think they know it all! I really hope that all our political parties can work together to help us succeed .
Hi

Spot on Twink.

A great post.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Yes, and in four days you do. What's your point?
Pointing out how detached you are from reality.

And we already left.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

It seems that the ERG are working day & night to get through the pacakge.So, We'll, possibly, know by Wednesday.

But, I am guessing we would have been hearing screams, by now, if the early readers had spotted anything too damaging.

From the DT:-

"The group has convened a self-styled "star chamber" of lawyers led by veteran Eurosceptic MP Sir Bill Cash to examine the text ahead of a Commons vote on Wednesday."
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
It seems that the ERG are working day & night to get through the pacakge.So, We'll, possibly, know by Wednesday.

But, I am guessing we would have been hearing screams, by now, if the early readers had spotted anything too damaging.

From the DT:-

"The group has convened a self-styled "star chamber" of lawyers led by veteran Eurosceptic MP Sir Bill Cash to examine the text ahead of a Commons vote on Wednesday."
Should hear soon what the implications are ... there are s lot of lawyers scrutinising this. I'm up to about page 25

And will Spain veto it over Gibraltar ????
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It seems to me the need to exit at the start of this process was the clouded by a deal or something or other.
True, Spitfire.

I guess the determination, to get a deal, might have slowed the process, of leaving, down a touch?

Anyway, the public seems, at last, to have what it wants!

Good for them!

Worryingly, the remainer MPs are still around!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 12:20 PM

I agree with all ,wonderful man ,he has delivered .Much to the fury of the remainers, what twerps they really are ,sure it will be difficult at first but last we are free of those ghastly folk across the channel,always laying down the law .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
True, Spitfire.

I guess the determination, to get a deal, might have slowed the process, of leaving, down a touch?

Anyway, the public seems, at last, to have what it wants!

Good for them!

Worryingly, the remainer MPs are still around!
Hi

We are a Democracy, the Remainers are entitled to representation of their views.

Page 4 of 21 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top