Join for free
Page 7 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:19 PM

Re: Lockdown confusion.

Given that, at a minimum, just being outside stimulates vitamin D, improves mood, reinforces the pineal gland's proper release of melatonin, and stimulates the immune system by going from a room temperature to a hot/cold environment... I would argue that there is no such thing as "a ramble for pleasure." Even going outdoors to sit for a few minutes has important health benefits.

Carol, what about visiting your friend with a cup of tea via FaceTime, Zoom, or some other platform?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
A garden centre,Carol, meet your friend, ? aren’t we in tier 5?

Sorry - I thought Garden centres were open along with essential shops. All so confusing isn't it?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks everybody for your answers.
I've just had a discussion with Chris my friend & we aren't going to risk it.

Carol, I am so confused, with what you are saying , risk it, we are in tier 5, wouldn’t you be breaking the rules?..if you visited a garden centre with your friend...just trying to understand,not having a go.

Carol, I am as confused as you are....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Carol, what about visiting your friend with a cup of tea via FaceTime, Zoom, or some other platform?

It's a thought. Thanks Surfermom.

It's not the same though as being in the countryside up hills & down dales - splodging along in the mud!!

I love it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:24 PM

Sorry - I thought Garden centres were open along with essential shops. All so confusing isn't it?

I don’t know,Carol, I’m even more confused now,
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:45 PM

I've found another reference to driving & open spaces.
This from The Independent. It clearly says You can drive a short distance to access open spaces'

I travel 6 miles to meet my friend. Would that be classed as a 'short distance'?

I think you may have to accept you cannot see your friend
,hard as it is ,that is what they are trying to do stop peeps wandering round meeting friends and in the meantime spreading the virus . I personally think it is stretching it !
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

05-01-2021, 07:50 PM

If we're going to be strict about travelling out of ones area they should start by making people shop at their nearest Supermarket & not travel out of area to the Supermarket of choice.

Mine would be the co-op or Aldi. I wouldn't complain about that.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:50 PM

Thanks everybody for your answers.
I've just had a discussion with Chris my friend & we aren't going to risk it.
er good frankly

Very wise IMO.
I am heartbroken I cannot see my Darling grandchildren & family ,to kiss & hug .
However, I have to accept it for the Great Good
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

05-01-2021, 07:55 PM

Yes indeed - Garden Centres are open.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...kdown-19563385
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:55 PM

Our garden centre is open and we can get take away coffee and food. As we can meet one other person it's ok to go but not if they are from a different town I think.

x

Page 7 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top