Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:17 PM

Re: A cure for sibo ????

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, I agree. It could be almost anything. However, I'm mighty curious about why, as soon as I moved from The Philippines, to Mexico, it started. Of course, that could be just a coincidence. Queer, none the less.
Perhaps it could be the tapwater?

I agree with Pesta about grains. Gluten is hard to digest and can cause chronic diarrhoea. Many grains are contaminated with gluten. The increase in gluten intolerance has something to do with the way they have modified wheat farming to increase individual sheaf yield over time. They think ancient grains are better for you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

I agree with Pesta about grains. Gluten is hard to digest and can cause chronic diarrhoea. Many grains are contaminated with gluten. The increase in gluten intolerance has something to do with the way they have modified wheat farming to increase individual sheaf yield over time. They think ancient grains are better for you.

Same thought crossed my mind too, Annie.

Could explain why it began after moving to a new area.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Could explain why it began after moving to a new area.
Indeed and I remember holidays years ago to places where they didn't have the same water standards as the UK... In the 80s I think it was just Germany that had similarly clean water. In Italy we were advised to rinse with mineral water after brushing our teeth. Perhaps that's why mineral water was always so popular in the Med. But the digestive systems of locals adapted. Albufeira used to have a raw sewage pipe going right into the sea on its main tourist beach.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I just don't get it. When yeast cells reach 130-140 F they die. So, I don't see how dead cells can ferment.

If I have some strange bacterial infection, I think that the bacteria can ferment nearly anything.
Even plain boiled potatoes, plus bacteria, can ferment, as in whiskey.
heaven knows I produce MASSIVE amounts of flatulence.
Bakerman, Candida is the problem, read this.......

Candida is a genus of yeast that naturally occurs in the intestines, on the skin, and in mucous membranes. Most people have some level of Candida throughout the body. It's usually harmless. However, an overgrowth of Candida can lead to an infection called candidiasis

Adding too much yeast or sugar can cause the Candidiasis infection and Pro-biotics help to cure the infection.
These are not my ideas, they came from doctors and medically trained dieticians....... I just throught it may help!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 10:00 AM

How long have you been in Mexico Bakerman .
If you have been there a long time I would imagine your gut will have adjusted to the water by now .
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Originally Posted by Mups ->

That rang a bell with me. Bakerman's asked about the quality of his water before, so I went routing back and found this thread from July 2020:

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=69085

Bakerman, I'm amazed reading through that thread and remembering other occasions you've mentioned your gut problem that we seem to be discussing possibilities for your problem over and over again and yet you don't seem to be doing anything.

In fact I feel a plonker spending so much time trundling through my books trying to help when you seem to know the answers but do diddly squat about it!
I'm sure others must feel the same having put themselves out for you too.

If you don't want to make the effort, that's fine, just don't keep asking for opinions of your gut problems.
That saying 'You can't help someone if they can't help themselves' comes to mind.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
That rang a bell with me. Bakerman's asked about the quality of his water before, so I went routing back and found this thread from July 2020:

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=69085

Bakerman, I'm amazed reading through that thread and remembering other occasions you've mentioned your gut problem that we seem to be discussing possibilities for your problem over and over again and yet you don't seem to be doing anything.

In fact I feel a plonker spending so much time trundling through my books trying to help when you seem to know the answers but do diddly squat about it!
I'm sure others must feel the same having put themselves out for you too.

If you don't want to make the effort, that's fine, just don't keep asking for opinions of your gut problems.
That saying 'You can't help someone if they can't help themselves' comes to mind.
Wise words Pesta! I had forgotten that there had been a previous thread, on this topic, that some of us had already given advice on !
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
How are you doing Bakerman .
Started that nice bland diet yet ?
I have started including Yakult in my daily diet. Does not yet have any effect. However, Yoplait, does quieten my stomach. A lot less rumbling and less cramping.
Sometimes I feel as if I'm running my own personal fermentation vat in my guts. Also, tried Pepto-Bismol once again. I've tried it many times previously.

PS: It's not that I am unwilling to do anything to help myself, but the Dr says nothing I can do as a home remedy will be of any benefit. Also, he has performed numerous surgical tests. Camera up the bum 3 different times. Camera into stomach twice. Camera pill with electronic belt , once. And so many stools samples .

I have tried and tried to get an appoint to see a dietician, at my clinic but , as usual, no reply from them.
Sans any professional help, I think that the way to proceed is to take massive amounts of enteric coated anti-biotics and to kill off all bacteria, both good and bad, then start from scratch building up good bacteria with pro-biotics.
??????????????????
Locally, the pharmacies here in Mexico will give nearly anything you ask for, even without a Rx. I will be searching for Xifaxan here locally. 550 mg/day X 4 days.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 03:16 PM

When I was a child, I nearly died from starvation. At age 16 I was 190 cm tall and only 45 kilo. I vowed I would never , ever be hungry again. I have a fear of starving. horrible way to live. Maybe that's why I became a chef ? It now looks like I'll end up the way I started … starving. Maybe I can kill the unknown bacteria before I kill myself from lack of food.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2021, 03:39 PM

You are edging Bakerman not snacking on spicy Mexican Chiladas are you

You don’t need a dietician they will only tell you the same as we have .

Give your poor old intestines a rest and hit the white rice .

You are man now stop feeding that inner starving child !

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top