Join for free
Page 4 of 30 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:31 PM

Re: Should I do it?

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Carol,

This looks to be a lose/lose situation.

The safest advice would be to do nothing.

If you're not happy with that, get a solicitor involved and see what is legally possible & finanially practical.

Watching programs like "Nightmare Neighbour next door" show what goes on, not very encouraging.

What's missing, in my opinion, is a big beefy friend who would go round for a chat.

If you put a bollard there, make sure you have a camera recording any "events".

If someone damages the bollard you'd have them bang to rights.

Definitely agree with this.

Get a camera installed, just incase you need evidence at some point.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:33 PM

Personally I wouldn't Carol. If he's not causing any damage why bother. These kinds of feuds with neighbours can make your life a misery and you might even end up moving house due to the hatred, far better to live in harmony. Do like Surfermom, Ted and Xirrpy suggest and smile and give him a wave. He might not be the monster you think he is. It's not about 'rubbing your nose in it' Carol, the world works better for everyone with a bit of give and take....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:36 PM

I reckon stopping the reversing could make life even more uncomfortable. I think I'd let it ride.

When our neighbours who live opposite come home, they drive past their house and use our driveway to turn the cars around so that they are parked outside their own house but facing the right way to leave the Close. It only takes a few seconds to do, so we don't worry about it. Not something worth causing aggro over.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:39 PM

I hope you decide it's worth fighting for Carol .... afterall, your home is your castle and I can understand you're getting wound up and annoyed , on principle you don't see why this guy should get away with reversing into your drive.

But .. and it's a big 'but' ... I'd ask myself first
1) How long I'd lived there and if I was, on the whole, happy and content and settled there ...
2) Is it worth starting an acrimonious war over it and perhaps turning your day to day existence into an unpleasant hurdy gurdy of slanging matches and legal spats with a guy that sounds pretty obnoxious.

In a nub ... Do you reckon you could, if it comes to it and it escalates, make his life more of a misery than he could do to yours ?
Do you have endless determination, fighting spirit, a wicked streak and stamina if need be.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I've already decided on a foldable, lockable bollard & a tradesman is coming to fit it next week.

Maybe I am imagining the worst case scenario here.

A couple of weeks after the massive row we had with bully boy when all had gone quiet & returned to normal - I saw him on his doorstep having a smoke.

He was ignoring me as I walked past so I went straight up to him & asked him if he had anymore threats he'd like to make to me.

He never said a word - just threw his fag down & went in the house...

Carol, he was ignoring you....so why confront?
...from you have written, it looks like you were trying to get a reaction from him....why?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:43 PM

.... because once a neighbour gets up your nose it's a downhill roller coaster ride for evermore?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
.... because once a neighbour gets up your nose it's a downhill roller coaster ride for evermore?

Not for me it wasn’t....I also put a bollard up....police were involved, got sorted....we ignore each other......sometimes you have to make a stand.....I was lucky that I had footage of the incident.."cctv on my land.

Police won’t help if you have no footage of proof, Carol..I had a neighbour who destroyed my garden....that’s when I got cctv installed....as I couldn’t prove beforehand what he had done......so be careful.."I would advise you install cctv, professionally....I’ve had mine for yrs........with 4 cameras...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:52 PM

If it were me I wouldn't do anything, I'd just let him turn around on my drive, to be fair its not harming anyone exceot annoying you. I couldnt be bothered with the hassle it would cause, we don't need stress especially as we get older. Is it worth it . You might even fall into a trap and he'd be secretly delighted that he's wound you up.

I too have seen nightmare neighbours from hell, i really wouldn't want that, it could turn very nasty.

Just my two pennarth worth. So th answer your question the answer from me is a no, i need peace xxxx
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Carol, he was ignoring you....so why confront?
...from you have written, it looks like you were trying to get a reaction from him....why?

Because he had threatened & humiliated me in front of all the other neighbours who I had got along nicely with for the past 30 years. I was fuming at him but felt proud of myself for facing up to him. That was 2 years ago.

Ever since then we have just ignored one another. I have not challenged him again nor him me...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-01-2021, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Because he had threatened & humiliated me in front of all the other neighbours who I had got along nicely with for the past 30 years. I was fuming at him but felt proud of myself for facing up to him. That was 2 years ago.

Ever since then we have just ignored one another. I have not challenged him again nor him me...

Ok, thanks for explaining.

I do understand how you feel.....I had a bully boy neighbour...after I had cctv installed..he moved.......but I’ve had another one move here a few yrs ago....but as I said....we ignore each other...only because police had words with him as I had footage of his behaviour on camera.

Page 4 of 30 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top