Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 02:10 PM

Best Laid Plans.

Hi

Today, being a Sunday, Balfour Beatty who are renewing the gas mains and service pipes, decided to do the one under the main route in and out of Shrewsbury.

A sensible choice, less traffic on a Sunday.

The cross over is by the traffic lights to Wickes and between the entrance to Tesco, Morrisons and Lidl.

The run around is blocked because of a skip and digger being used by someone else.

The road is even more busy than usual because of the flood barriers being up.

The forecast was not bad, then it started to rain, not all the time, but some very heavy showers.

It hammered it down and flooded the holes they are digging.

They are havy to get pumping equipment.

The result is chaos.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 02:49 PM

Re: Best Laid Plans.

There are a few words in the English language which go naturally very well with each other.

Like "strawberries" and "cream", or "white van" and "man".
Included in that list is "Balfour Beatty" and "chaos", for good reason.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 08:01 PM

With the rush to update the whole countries electrical supply to accommodate all the forecasted electric vehicles and the change from gas appliances to electric heating, I'm afraid this is going to get a helluva lot worse yet Swimmy....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2020, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
There are a few words in the English language which go naturally very well with each other.

Like "strawberries" and "cream", or "white van" and "man".
Included in that list is "Balfour Beatty" and "chaos", for good reason.
I agree.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 12:13 AM

I have the electricity board here, digging up the road, so much so,we can’t use our own private car park, they have cordoned it off, I wanted to ask them what they are doing, but forgot.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 12:21 AM

The same bit of road here gets dug up, month after month by Severn Trent and the Gas Suppliers, can't be arsed to ask why this is the case, it just happens and we have to sit at the traffic lights.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have the electricity board here, digging up the road, so much so,we can’t use our own private car park, they have cordoned it off, I wanted to ask them what they are doing, but forgot.
They're digging your very own landfill site so you can do away with your wheelie bin
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
They're digging your very own landfill site so you can do away with your wheelie bin

Do you know what they have done, moved a load of earth with a digger, and dumped it right where my neighbours put their wheelie bins, I may be wrong,but that’s what it looks like,as it’s dark, I may go out and investigate further, a part of me wants to fill the long tunnel back in with all that dirt,😂🤣, can you imagine their faces in the morning if I did that,would love to capture their faces on film,😂🤣

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top