Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 10:05 PM

A positive slant on Christmas

Unfortunately I don't mean the joys..
I tested positive for the virus on the 18th!

It was only a matter of time given the circumstances we are working under at school
Luckily there were no children in that last week so being ill on tuesday was not too much of a big deal.

Problem is I've had no taste and smell until yesterday ...well it's altered again anyway.
I've had no energy
I've wanted it to end so often but it just lingers on and on...
And On.
I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.. and I got off very lightly indeed!

I'm thankful for the love I've been showered with and for the help of my beautiful baby girl with shopping n stuff.
It could have been a lot worse but NOT QUITE the Christmas I had imagined for any of us!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 10:18 PM

Re: A positive slant on Christmas

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Unfortunately I don't mean the joys..
I tested positive for the virus on the 18th!

It was only a matter of time given the circumstances we are working under at school
Luckily there were no children in that last week so being ill on tuesday was not too much of a big deal.

Problem is I've had no taste and smell until yesterday ...well it's altered again anyway.
I've had no energy
I've wanted it to end so often but it just lingers on and on...
And On.
I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.. and I got off very lightly indeed!

I'm thankful for the love I've been showered with and for the help of my beautiful baby girl with shopping n stuff.
It could have been a lot worse but NOT QUITE the Christmas I had imagined for any of us!
Look girl, just concentrate on rest and recovery. According to my kid (kid? The bugger's 40!) it's horrid and just leaves you absolutely knackered. I believe you're on the Top Table here so please keep us up to speed because I WANT to know when you're on the mend - and make it soon.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 10:20 PM

Dear Rhian, so sorry to hear about this, you poor lass.
I do hope you are more on the mend soon now.

I've got my mask, shield, and gloves on, i'll even put a bag on me head, so don't tell anyone if I give you a hug when I bring your cuppa.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 10:38 PM

Get well soon Rhian - we need you!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 10:43 PM

Awwww Rhi, I am so, so sorry to hear this. You poor thing. My cousin in America has it and it has floored her, she's no worse after 6 days but no better, she told me, like you said, it lingers.

This is just awful news Rhi, I wish I could give you a reassuring hug, albeit a virtual one, so take this and I will keep you in my prayers.

xxxxxxxxxxx
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 10:47 PM

Thanks all
Yes I'm much better ty
I even ventured to Tesco's today and was no worse from the half hour experience!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 11:08 PM

Rhian I am sorry your holiday was spoilt by the virus , it has been a hard year and I am sure you will have been ready for a rest.

I hope you will be feeling back to normal very soon ...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 11:09 PM

Sorry to hear this, Rhian.
It could be worse, I suppose. It sounds not much worse than flu.
I hope you're feeling a lot better soon.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 11:31 PM

So sorry to read this Rhian, Get well soon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 11:51 PM

I did notice your absence in the lead up to Christmas but assumed you were just busy at work. Glad to hear you are ok Rhian (relatively, of course). Hope you get back to 100% asap

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top