Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:50 PM

Re: Could you/Would you ...

I know this is about who you don't like but would still watch. BUt I have to say since she was mentioned that with Emilia Fox, I could watch her all day. She is one of my favourite British actors. And as a person she appears delightful - seen her on Would I Lie To you etc - gorgeous, classy and full of fun. Her father was one of my faves also. I have seen Day Of The Jackal about 20 times I think But somebody said here "I don't know how anybody couldn't like Johnny Depp"..I guess the question was rhetorical but I would like to answer it anyway. I can say very definitely why somebody couldn't..and doesn't like him. Around 26 million people that I know of. (THat's jUst about all of Australia) Australia is an island which gives us an advantage when it comes to stopping the importation of diseases. And we have very strict laws about the importation of animals. They have to be quarratined and cleared of disease. But he ignored those laws because he thought he was too special to comply with them. He brought his two dogs in without declaring them. He was caught and the dogs were impounded. He made a pathetic "acted" apology but when he got back to the US - the dogs went with him -He made us out to be sub human because we told him he had to comply with the laws or the dogs would have to be put down. You can love him all you like as an actor. It's matter of taste. But as a person he is extremely unimpressive. JMO but you did ask.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I struggle tbh. We watched 'A few good men' the other night with my two least favourite actors, Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson. Not a bad film in itself but I cringed every time I saw Cruise's face making all the wrong expressions.

I also agree with Trevor Eve being a bit cringeworthy and Claire Goose, a good actress.

I'm with you there, Dongle, I don't like any of those three.

And Yes, Tabby, I don't bother to watch something if the main character is one I don't like. It puts me off.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I thought they swapped her for Emelia Fox?
Not to begin with. When Amanda Burton left in series eight, she was initially replaced with Dr Leo Dalton (William Gaminara) and Dr Harry Cunningham (Tom Ward).

Dr Nikki Alexander (Emilia Fox) arrived not long after BUT it was too late for me, I didn't like it when the 2 guys took over the role and that was enough for me to say 'nope, not watching this anymore'.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I know this is about who you don't like but would still watch. BUt I have to say since she was mentioned that with Emilia Fox, I could watch her all day. She is one of my favourite British actors. And as a person she appears delightful - seen her on Would I Lie To you etc - gorgeous, classy and full of fun. Her father was one of my faves also. I have seen Day Of The Jackal about 20 times I think But somebody said here "I don't know how anybody couldn't like Johnny Depp"..I guess the question was rhetorical but I would like to answer it anyway. I can say very definitely why somebody couldn't..and doesn't like him. Around 26 million people that I know of. (THat's jUst about all of Australia) Australia is an island which gives us an advantage when it comes to stopping the importation of diseases. And we have very strict laws about the importation of animals. They have to be quarratined and cleared of disease. But he ignored those laws because he thought he was too special to comply with them. He brought his two dogs in without declaring them. He was caught and the dogs were impounded. He made a pathetic "acted" apology but when he got back to the US - the dogs went with him -He made us out to be sub human because we told him he had to comply with the laws or the dogs would have to be put down. You can love him all you like as an actor. It's matter of taste. But as a person he is extremely unimpressive. JMO but you did ask.
No-one is above the law Keezoy its true Mr Depp has made some very weird life choices which is a shame because he is a good actor.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 08:47 AM

Depends on how good the film they were in was, although some actors have faces or voices I dislike. My pal on the other hand is influenced by how "nice" an actor is, or if they've had affairs or such like. Very odd IMO. She doesn't even like listening to songs by people she disapproves of. I wouldn't care what people have done if they sang or acted well.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 10:44 AM

I don't usually care what people have done either or what they're like. Like Sean Penn is a great actor. He's supposed to be a total bastard. I still watch him. Meg Ryan is meant to be a total B. I'll still watch her if the film is good. But when they threaten national biosecurity..THat's a little different. I've never liked Depp anyway. I don't think he's a good actor at all. But many like him and I am nobody to judge their taste.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top